Posts by anilkukreja

The menu key (the three lines) button stopped working on my BT1. perhaps a hardware issue. No success despite trying various options. In the process, I also accidently unpaired (blue tooth) functionality and can use this remote now ONLY in IR mode. I have although reprogrammed the 'menu button' functionality (using an alternate remote) and assigned this functionality to one of the reprogrammable dot keys. My issue is that I can no longer pair the remote (Bt1) in blue tooth mode using the two physical buttons (Menu+OK) keys, since the physical button (menu) is the one that is needed to pair it. The 'soft' programmed dot key menu button does not allow enabling the blue tooth search. In other words, my BT1 remote is now working only a simple IR remote and is range/direction sensitive unlike blue tooth remote. Any tips to get it working as a real blue tooth remote would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am having trouble 'unselecting' a favorite (and remove it from appearing in my favorite folder) when actually a VOD content no longer exists. I had a selection (in VOD) marked as a favorite previously but the provider chose to update the content and no longer made this available for viewing. When browsing over this selection, i get a message something like this 'failed to upload media'. Upon further searching for this particular media by name, the search resulted in no such content and that's how i know provider has removed this content from appearing in their database. There are no 'favorite star' or 'watch' buttons enabled beside this media selection (in favorite folder) so I may unselect it. Looking for some help in unselecting this media title and appearing in my favorite list. Thank you.

i suggest turning afr rate to off as i have done it and as a byproduct of this, the channel switching is much faster as well..don't think you can blame gtv for providing you more features than less..

i have no ARC capability on the home theater audio system, so ARC or eARC is out of the question..I have run into the same issue just alone in watching live TV which gives me a clue why I experience what I experience in watching NetFlix. So, in other words, watching live TV, when the audio stream is AAC, colune control is possible through GTV remote vol control up/down. I was flipping through another live TV channel where audio was streaming in DD format and the upon pressing volume control up/down, the pop up message 'audio passthrough active, use TV IR to control the volume' shows up. only Mute button works in this case. So any help in knowing how to fix this issue would be helpful.

i have another kind of a volume issue..I an using digtal (audio) port of my tv to feed-in audio to an external device for amplifying sound..everything works great when watching iptv..problem is only when watching Netflix app on GTV. the ability to control volume is gone and i get a message 'audio pass through active...use IR of tV device to control volume'....having gotten some clue above (turning surround sound off in GTV sound seetings), I got the volume control of the GTV to work, however, the audio quality was so poor and devoid of any meaningful experience..any feedback/settings would be appreciated that would allow me manage both watching Netflix and control its volume through a single GTV remote would be appreciated while still listening to original audio quality of Netflix content..thanks.

thanks bandook for your insights...i figured out some additional settings that my tv (samsung uhd) had that i never knew how to access those and/or didn't know their importance until this problem surfaced..your tv doesn't have to be 4k for gtv (as you suggested)..i had to go into my tv's general settings and under external device manager, turn on the HDMI UHD color on on all of HDMI ports..once this was enabled, my GTV box was enabled (somehow because i had turned on external device management) to have additional controls where i was able to set color depth settings to 'on' and also change color space settings to one of many (i chose YCbCr420)..and all is working great with picture quality and colors as i had wanted this box to display..

hi all

i just need some help in figuring this out..setup a new GTV today and finding that image display quality is poorer than when i had my Z8..both are setup to 2160p60 hz (my tv is UHD)..the faces appear to be high in contrast..low color quality/depth.. and faces of people appear with too much light.. faded and sometimes i think i should go back to Z8 again..its not pleasing overall for long durations on same channel..i have gone thru multiple setups..tried finding any blog on this website..but no such luck..any tips would be appreciated..my tv settings haven't changes (are setup to HDR dynamic)..

i am also finding that on my GTV box under screen resolution, color depth setting is set to 'off' and color space settings is at YCbCr420..both of which can not be changed by me..