Posts by muralin

Every time I go back the Home screen, I see the number 1 to the left of the Settings icon. After 2 seconds, the number disappears. This started happing a few hours ago. I believe it is about an app update as I saw a notification while watching a TV channel using Tivimate app. Tivimate app is up to date. The notification continues to show for about 2 seconds every time I go to the Home screen. Need guidance.

One possible reason a recording can stop is tied to your video service subscription. If you have signed up for only one connection and while recording is going on, if you switch to a different channel, the recording will be stopped immediately. Also, if you have scheduled a recording that starts when you are watching another channel, the recording will not happen and it will show a recording with a length of 1 minute. After I upgraded to 2 connections from my service provider, my recording reliability significantly increased.

Thanks Bilstax. Factory Reset is the last resort. MOL2 in Google store seems to be a "different app" but with the same logo. When I opened the app, it asked for a login and password but not a portal URL. Didnt know what to do with it. Now I have 2 diff MOL2 apps on the Home screen.

Overall, developers (both HW and SW) should know that "less is more". Users prefer simplicity and rock solid stability to bells and whistles and a massive feature set. I use may be 20% of the features of GTV and Tivimate. I am willing to pay 3x for the hardware and 3x/month for an IPTV service for simplicity and stability. May be I am not a typical customer - I have been involved in computer design (both HW and SW) for 46 years now.

The best IPTV experience (except for the ability to record) for me has been using the TVID Pro app on my iPad. Simple, solid, and delivers great entertainment.

For recording and time shifted watching, I'll stick with Tivimate app.

Very interesting, Bilstax. Thanks a bunch for your guidance. When I opened Google Store -> Profile, the app list doesnt show MOL2. weird. May be it is because it is pre-installed in GTV and Google Store is not aware of it. So, there were no options to deinstall. I searched for MOL2 and then installed it. May be I now have 2 copies of MOL2 in GTV. will check and see if I am making any progress.

Starting this morning, MOL2 crashes every time after playing 1/2 sec of a stream. I re-booted, force stopped all other apps including MOL2 and no change. It does connect to the service provider. App crashes after playing a channel for 1/2 sec or less. I went back to the factory installed version and no change. Now I am unable to update MOL2 and I constantly get IPTV download error - see attached screenshot. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Tivimate works fine with no issues.

And the used USB Stick is only once formatted with Rufus, connected with box, box rebooted and set then in MOL2 menu as recording device? Please do not format with the box again, only with pc and ignore the flash message from box in home menu.

Sam: Followed your instructions. Now MOL2 crashes immediately after opening. I went back to the factory installed version and that also crashes immediately. When I try to update to the latest version of MOL2, I get IPTV Download error. Tivimate continues to work fine. I am trying to avoid going back to GTV's Factory settings. Let me search the forum to figure out how to deal with MOL2 crashing immediately after opening.

Tivimate: Yes. I was unable to record a live stream. Recordings stop after a minute. No issues recording scheduled events. I changed my subscription from one device (connection) to two and the problem went away. Now I can record live as well as scheduled recording and store them in a USB stick with no issues.

MOL2: Cant record anything. Always get the message Recording error. I have tried all the suggestions such as format the stick with Rufus, etc. No change - cant record anything.

For now, I have decided to stick with Tivimate even though I am more comfortable with MOL2 UI/UX.

Thanks Sam. Followed your instructions. No change. Still getting the same error. I installed Tivimate and it is able to record to the same USB stick with no issues. I tested by scheduling 5 programs and all were recorded perfectly. Issue seems to be between GTV and MOL2.

I started getting Recording in MyTVOnline2 app Error 2 days ago. I attached a 256GB Sandisk USB stick. It shows up fine in Setup. When I try to record the channel I am watching, I get the Recording Error. See attached 3 screenshots. It was working fine until something got updated - I forgot what was updated - I think it was MyTVOnline2. Hope someone will give me guidance on how this can be fixed.

I tried both a USB stick and a portable hard drive. Same error in both cases. I did format the stick and the drive in GTV.

I have the same issue. I can see my 256GB USB stick when I access Storage under Settings but when I try to record, I get a warning "Recording Error". I have tried two dfferent USB devices and I get the same eror on both.