Posts by rwdolson

There appears to be a two hour limit for timeshift. This, in and of itself, is not an issue in my mind. Two hours is plenty. However, when the two hour limit is reached by sitting on a channel for greater than two hours odd behaviours happen. It is no longer possible to reliably pause the current channel. Nor is it possible to rewind. As far as I can tell the only way out of this little pickle is to change channels and come back. This is particularly problematic if you have paused at any point in the two hours of being on the same channel. In this scenario you are unable to pause and if you change channels and come back you will have forfeited the minutes between your current spot and 'live'. Like I said earlier, there is no need in my mind for a longer timeshift limit. But if pausing at the two hour mark began dropping the start of the timeshift buffer perhaps that would be a good solution.

I have had a longstanding weekday, one hour recording set up that has dutifully worked for a long time. A few days ago the recording didn't happen. When I looked at the schedule there was an 'curved arrow' icon on the entry. Wish I had a screen shot but I don't! When I cursored over the schedule entry a message came up asking if I wanted to 'reactivate' the schedule.

Does anyone know what may have caused this?

When I did the 'reactivation' the recordings started happening again.

I just caught my Z11 in the act! We had a recording running and about 15 minutes in, the box did a spontaneous full reboot. When MOL3 came back up the recording did not start back up.

Tracking number is 1779CAF

This is the same Z11 that does a spontaneous reboot each night at 8PM exactly.

I too have been having some recording problems that are similar to what has been reported in this thread. Here is what I am seeing.

- scheduled recordings always manage to start but sometimes stop at random times

- I see a 'recording started' message in the notifications and on the screen

- when a recording successfully ends I see a 'recording ended' message in the notifications and on the screen if I happen to be watching

- when a recording ends at a random and incomplete time there is no 'recording ended' message in the notifications and no message pops up on the screen. The red dot in the top right of the screen does disappear though.

- once a recording goes bad, subsequent recordings will often but not always also fail

- here's the kicker.... pulling the storage device from my Z11 and plugging it into my laptop will show disk errors! A 'scan and fix errors' cleans up the drive.

- once scanned and fixed, subsequent recordings start to behave again.... at least for a while. Failures eventually happen again.

- yes, the storage was formatted with Rufus as NTFS.

- failures were reappearing within a few days while I used a USB stick for storage. When I switched to an SSD I get at least a week between failures.

- the whole exercise appears as if the storage is getting some form of corruption during use

- I had no unexpected power interruptions to the Z11 that may have contributed.

The next time it happens I will note the errors that the 'scan and fix' reports.

And one more thing.... I have seen timeshifting (pause live TV) stop working properly also. A scan and fix again fixes it for a while.

Hope this helps shed some light.

Z11 Pro

all updates applied

subscribed for three concurrent connections from provider

500GB USB attached SSD plugged into either USB slot. Doesn't seem to matter which one.

Thought I would resurrect this thread. After clearing MOL3 cache the reboots did go away for quite a while. They reappeared recently and persisted even after another cache deletion. Every day at EXACTLY 7:00pm ET the box reboots. No warnings, doesn't matter if I am watching live TV, TV Series or VOD. I'll try reinstalling MOL3 but one question first... Will it retain my MOL settings or can I get them back with a backup/restore?

The underlying behaviour is still pretty interesting. EXACTLY 7:00pm... it feels like something scheduled is trying to happen and blowing up.

The 'Don't show again' checkbox on the opening splash screen for the mobile app doesn't appear to work. Even with it checked I see the ad for the mobile app every time MOL3 starts.

This seems to have corrected itself in the past few days. The mobile app ad is no longer appearing Its a bit of a mystery since it doesn't appear to line up with the installation of the 'keyboard not showing' fix that went out or any action on my part. I don't like mysteries :smiling_face:

I do something similar to what you want.

My Z11 is connected to a smart plug

Smart plug turns off the Z11 after I have gone to bed about 2.30am and turns it on again about 7.30am

When I turn the TV on the following day after 7.30am the contents have been updated just requires the refresh to be done. This I think is a pointless move it should be automatic.

Set power mode is set to shut down

Thanks for the suggestion, sherlock. At least your suggestion is in line with my initial question! :smiling_face: My preference would be for a clean shutdown rather than 'pulling the plug' but I do appreciate the approach. I will try it on one of my boxes.

Note to any other readers of this thread. It ISN'T about content refreshes. That part works just fine. The question is about rebooting the Z11 Max on a schedule. I ask because of the odd time where only a reboot will solve a problem. Windows isn't the only OS that can benefit from the occasional planful kick in the pants.

Thank you, SAM, for pulling us back to topic. I may try the 'power off mode' on one of my Z11's but it sort of dodges the point.... I want to have my cake (fast startup) and eat it too (a clean environment) :smiling_face:

But to the academic point.... for whatever reason, does the Z11 allow for a chrontab-ish scheduled reboot action such as a restart. Sounds so far like its a no.

Hopefully a simple question that perhaps has been answered before but I was unable to find.

Is there a way to set up a scheduled reboot of my Z11 at a specific time? I'd like to try a once per day reboot at 3:00am for instance.

Thanks for any help.

Enhanced Backup/Restore - give the ability to selectively back up and restore. The specific scenario I am interested in is when a provider changes their portal URL (just happened to me). The current backup/restore includes the url, id and pwd. If the backup only the settings minus the portal URL, ID and pwd it would help to manage the change in URL. As it is, changing the URL 'looks like' a new connection and re-downloads and overwrites all group and channel info. Trying to use the existing backups re-writes the portal URL and fails.

I apologize if this has already been answered. I have searched the forums and have found lots of related info but not the specifics I am after. Here we go...

I am not able to use the replay/catchup function. I have Timeshift turned on and am able to pause live TV. But I see no little circle icons for channels/shows that can be replayed. Have I missed a setting?

Is this a provider issue? I am asking the same question of my provider.

Thanks for any help.

I have also seen unexpected reboots in the last week or so on my Z11 Pro. It happened at exactly 20:00 for the last two days. Other times it has happened while the TV is off. I will watch for a pattern over the next few days. It has happened both before and after the MOL3 update released yesterday. I will try to catch it in the act and submit logs also.

I particularly like #1 :smiling_face:

Well, I swear on a stack of bibles that I did exactly those steps prior to posting. Perhaps I didn't pull the batteries for long enough. Regardless, I followed your steps and all is well with the remote again.

The original behaviour after dropping the remote was fascinating but unimportant in the grand scheme of things. It behaved as if the remote was sending repeated power commands. I think the overarching message is to NOT DROP THE REMOTE ON A HARD SURFACE! Or get the silicone bumper cover :smiling_face:

So, I dropped my Formuler Bluetooth remote and bounced it off the corner of a table onto the floor. I'm not sure exactly what happened but the Z11 was fine after a reboot. The remote seems to have lost its Bluetooth-ness. I still pairs with the Z11 but only acts in an IR manner i.e. line of sight only. I have tried holding the TV/STB button for 3 seconds to switch modes. It does switch back and forth from TV to Formuler remote but just doesn't seem to transmit BT anymore. Is there a way to reset it somehow? Or have I just busted it by dropping it?

I am now up to date with MOL3 11.2.15 and Firmware 11.2.6

Added a weekly schedule with only Tuesday, Wednesday enabled at 23:00. In Schedule Manager I see the correct info with nothing on Monday and the recording scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday. However, in the guide I see the red highlight at 23:00 today (Sunday) and tomorrow (Monday).

So I am seeing the same issue. Seems purely cosmetic since I can add another recording for today at 23:00 without encountering a conflict.

a couple of requests..

- the ability to configure the number of lines displayed in the EPG. This could perhaps be part of a package of updates designed for folks with slightly impaired vision... not that I did not say old people!!!! Giving an option of slightly fewer lines in the guide showing in a slightly larger font might be beneficial to some.

- enhance the descriptions given for shows in the guide to include date information (date broadcast originally, repeat/new, season/episode) would be useful

Just noticed this today. We have scheduled a recording for 16:30-17:30 Mon-Fri. It shows correctly in the Menu->Schedule list as not happening next until Monday. However in the guide we see a red indicator from 16:30-17:30 today (Saturday) and tomorrow (Sunday). It appears to be strictly cosmetic since I can schedule a recording today at 16:30 without a conflict coming up. Like I said, strictly cosmetic but should be corrected.

Ross

Is there a way to reset a particular channel in live TV? The scenario is noticing that a channel has fallen a few minutes behind the actual time. Not through pausing of live TV.... it just is behind. I'd like to force the channel to be as close to 'live' as possible. Is there a way to do this?

Add the ability to watch a program that is currently being recorded.

This is already sort of in place when using timeshifting (pause live TV). While currently timeshifting (recording) live TV you can go forward and backward in the currently recording program. Doing the same thing for scheduled recordings would close one of the few gaps between MyTVOnline3 and the big commercial providers.

Is there a method to clone a Z11? I am buying a second Z11 Pro for another room in my house. It would be lovely to do a backup/restore or export/import to pull the settings from the configured machine to the new one. I have seen in other threads some ambiguous advice. Just looking for clarity. The following article ( https://support.formuler.tv/kb/article/209…e-mytvonline-3/ ) implies that a restore to a second device is possible. I've also seen statements regarding the requirement for matching firmware and version levels. Also have seen that it is not possible due to security policies.

So, what's the scoop? Any help here or should I gird my loins for the exercise of rebuilding favourites etc? All good either way. I am sold on the Z11 Pro!

I have seen this same behaviour on my Z11 Pro with MOTV3. I'm doing some testing but it appears to happen when two recordings are back to back. i.e. channel 1 from 1:00-1:30 then channel 2 from 1:30-2:00. The second recording ends early with 'Remarks:(6). The first recording ends as scheduled but with a 'Remarks:(2)'. I don't see and 'Remarks' on other notifications when things work normally. I'd love to know the meaning of the remarks also.

Lots of good advice has yielded positive results in my world. I think that two things were central to my issues. Although it is a bit tough to tell since I violated a cardinal rule of troubleshooting by putting in two changes at once before testing :frowning_face: I now have a two connection license with my provider. I also changed my VPN protocol to UDP. Smooth sailing? Not entirely. I had some really wonky results overnight where the video was choppy and the audio was out of sync. BUT.... that was with the Z11 suspended and waking itself up at the time of recording. Many more tests during the day today gave consistent good results with the Z11 awake all of the time. I suspect that waking up from suspend, reconnecting to VPN and starting recording got tangled up. I may try pointing my VPN at the US to see if I get better/quicker startup.

Long story short, I am now confident that I can get reliable recordings that will play back smoothly. I even did some recording while outside of MOL and watching some Prime Video. I am getting happier and happier about my purchase of the Z11 Pro.

Thanks to all for your help. Maybe I can be a contributor rather than a receiver of knowledge at some point!

I am running a new Z11 Pro and using a premium provider. I am also seeing frequent rollbacks but ONLY in recorded live TV playback. Storage is a local 32GB USB stick plugged into the USB 3.0 port.

I do receive the following warning when setting up recordings.

'simultaneously watching another live channel while a recording is in progress may cause the recording to be interrupted'

However, I see the rollbacks even on recordings done while the TV is off.

The warning message does trouble me. One of the main reasons for recording is to allow you to record one while watching another.

Does anyone know if this is a feature (watch one, record another) is a feature being worked on?