Posts by Phuntyme

No, if i want to see 2:35 movies or shows from my provider i use Kodi as external player on nvidia shield because is more stable and faster even knowing the realtek SOC has better image quality to my eyes...Another problem on formuler Z11 is the lack of audio support and audio codecs are old and need a boost...

I just downloaded Kodi and holy shit the subtitles are so much better. I guess i just have to get used to no ”resume” feature..

Because that’s not possible with external player, correct?

Kodi as it's own subtitle settings, stremio also, plex, etc, almost every major player has an option to put subtitles below video on 2:35 movies...At least subtitles are okeish on movies and tv series with full 16:9 aspect ratio or 1:85.

Are you using an external player in myol3??

I kinda rather not as the ”stop/resume” feature won’t work. Had i known the subtitles would be this bad on formuler i would probably have looked for another box.

This is a non issue for formuler devs, apparently they don't use subtitles in germany, they prefer dubbing, so this is what you get, because if they really wanted to put subtitles below like it should be they would have done it already as it's just a line of code ffs...

They just need to google it, copy paste and done, so much work...

Have you found any success with a different player? It’s kind of bad that some movies are pretty much not worth watching thanks to such a weird problem i’ve never encountered before this box

Test following -> home menu -> Settings -> Accessibility -> Captions

Thanks for answering. There’s nothing you can do there except change size on sub. And it dosen’t matter as it’s changing the size depending on the movie anyway (my guess is that the resolution is tied to the movie in some weird way)

Hello!

Is there any way to change the placement of subtitles? As seen in the picture they are so centered.

It’s fine with a single line. But for some reason when there’s two lines it adds above the single one instead of below.

Also the subtitles are flickering sometimes, nothing big but i notice it wich is semi annoying.

Thanks in advance