Posts by gheagy

I'm okay waiting for the next update, if it's coming soon. I assume it is a firmware update.

I purchased my unit from forumler.com on September 11th. Hopefully, a return/exchange would be allowed if the next factory reset doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks

I agree, it does seem like I should be more patient.

I didn't start a new post, I added to my original post.

"Open Box" is a common retail term. I believe it means that a unit was sold, the purchaser opened the box and then returned the item.

My remote batteries are okay and the signal communication is okay.

This is an intermittent problem. 2 days ago, the unit powered on and off okay.

I purchased my Z11 Pro Max last fall.

I posted about having issues with power on/off.

I was advised to do a factory reset.

I continued with the problem until a couple of weeks ago when I finally decided to do a factory reset.

For about a week, all was good, the unit powered on and off properly.

Unfortunately, that has changed. Now the power on and off is erratic.

Yesterday, I had to reboot the unit to get it started. It powered off okay but powered on again overnight. This morning, I had to push the power button multiple times to get the unit to shut down.

This is very frustrating. It's not an easy process to do a factory reset and setup. When I did the factory reset, the latest firmware was installed.

What should I do?

I've just been sent a screen shot of a message from the Z11 Pro Max.

1669EBE

This product is not for sale outside EU/UK

Contact your seller

Note: This unit was sent to me in Canada.

Hi,

I recently won a Z11 Pro Max in a contest you had.

I sold the unit since I already have one and don't need a second one.

The purchaser has just informed me that the unit "is not working here its made for eu or uk"

Is that possible?

Hi,

I'm posting here because I can't find any contact information.

I entered the recent Giveaway competition.

I received an email this morning saying I am a winner. The email is from [email protected]

I'm asked to reply with my name, mailing address, phone number, email address, forum username,

Is this legitimate?

Thanks

I'm reluctant to do a factory reset because it will require me to do the setup again. I'm not proficient at doing that.

Yesterday, my unit powered on properly, with audio, and powered off properly. I like how everything else is set up and works.

I've started to make notes concerning the setup after a factory reset. I'm guessing that I will eventually proceed with a factory reset. Most likely my problem will return, maybe today.

Thanks

I thought my question would not be difficult to answer.

I have another question.

Apparently, there has not been a firmware update since the release of the Z11 Max Pro. How are owners notified when there is a firmware update?

If the firmware remains unchanged, then a factory reset will only delete my settings. How will this fix my power issues?

I had another incident yesterday. I powered the unit off and it didn't work properly, no red light, no light at all. I think I did a reboot in order to get a normal power off.

I've got a new problem.

I powered on my unit this afternoon, started a program but there was no audio.

I turned the unit off, rebooted, and I had audio.

This happened once or twice in the past week, but not before.

I've just had my unit on to check for the software update.

It wouldn't power off. I tried many times.

I had to disconnect the power and reconnect.

The unit powered on. I was then able to power off.

I don't understand.

My unit is set to go to standby mode when I power off.

Most of the time it works well.

After getting my unit working this morning, I scheduled a recording and powered off. The shutdown happened the way it should, I have the red light on.

Garry

I've experienced this occassionally from the time I purchased this unit.

Sometimes when I power off, the unit does not do a normal shutdown. This happened again yesterday. I have no power light, normally it would be red. Most likely when I power on it won't be a normal start up, a may have to reboot the unit.

It doesn't seem to matter where I am when I power off. I've been coming back to the home screen and situation was stable until yesterday.

I watched my first recording yesterday, a football game.

The recording was complete and included my extended event timing. I was pleased.

The 10 second advance worked very well. It would be convenient to be able to adjust this, 30 seconds would be good.

The video quality was less than the original broadcast but it was okay.

After watching the recording, I exited and pushed the "STB" button but the unit did not shut off normally. The power light went off but did not go red and my TV did not turn off. It took several attempts to get the unit to power off normally. I wish I could solve this problem.

Hi,

I've just checked the status of my scheduled recording.

The recording occurred which pleases me. :smiling_face:

When I powered the unit off the shutdown went the way it should, the red light came on and my TV powered off.

I guess there is no theory on why I've had the not normal shut downs previously.

Hi,

I was just watching VOD.

I paused the program, might have returned to MyTvOnline home, powered off. My TV was not powered off.

I noticed later that I had the light white or no light.

When I powered up again my TV did not power up.

I've powered off again and have the usual red "off" light.

I've read nothing about the light white or no light on the unit.

Why does this happen?

Hi,

After I set my scheduled recording and powered off the light did not turn red as usual. It went either light white or off.

When I later powered on the unit the TV did not turn on.

This is not normal.

Usually when I power on my TV turns on. When I power off the light turns red.

My scheduled recording is set for tonight.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm a new owner.

My unit has been left with the default power off "standby".

I setup a sheduled recording today.

When I powered off the power light seemed to change to a light white, possibly no light.

When the unit is on there is a bright white light.

Typically, when I power off the light goes red.

Later, when I powered on the CEC did not power my TV on which I had been doing. When I got my setup working normally again and powered off, the power light turned red as usual.

Why did I have this unusual power off after I set my recording?

Garry

Hi,

I discovered how to see the single EPG.

It allows me to see days ahead but I'm not able to set a scheduled recording.

Should I be starting a new thread?

Thanks

Hi,

You're correct, I'm using Xtreme Code.

It's more of a process to use MAC/ID.

Can MyTvOnline make changes to show more time ahead on the EPG?

Thanks,

Garry

Hi,

I've just purchased a Z11 Pro Max.

I connected it yesterday.

I have the power at the default of standby mode.

As of this afternoon, the EPG only shows a little more than 24 hours ahead.

I did an EPG refresh but nothing changed.

Should I be able to see further ahead?

Thanks