Posts by stevetbx

Will there ever be an overhaul of the MTVOL 1 Layout? Perhaps new colour scheme, better looking EPG? similar to how 2 looks?

As Formuler where made aware, many of us bought the z7+ just before the 8 was announced so we are stuck with them for a couple of years as then aint cheap.

just wondering as it functions perfectly it would be just nice to give it a fresh look.

Cheers.

Are there any updates for the z7+ in the pipeline or is it defunct now?

I can't really afford to upgrade to the z8 after just buying 2 z7+ boxes (literally a month before the z8 was announced) so will there be any new things to look forward to such as MTVOL 1 improvements?

That would be awesome if you could and perhaps the option to change the background colour from black to something a bit lighter.

Would Formuler ever consider tweaking the appearance of the EPG? For example allowing the user to choose the font size or the background colour? It would be awesome if you could have slightly smaller fonts and say a blue background colour similar to other EPG's

Just wondering.

I tried this and although the EPG was fine, the catchup is one program out i.e the one you select plays the one after it. I have tried offset but no joy.

Anyone else found this?

Hi Formuler Evangelist.

I will video it next time it happens. Basically from "off mode" it fires up with the z7+ screen, then goes to the circles then the red light comes on and the process starts again. It does this continuously unless you rapidly press channel down over and over again. The light then goes green and the full boot sequence works.

Hi all

is anyone still having the problems of the Z7+ rebooting over and over again on start up? The only resolution is to rapidly tap the channel down button. Also I still have the intermittent problem of it not waking from sleep and the only resolution for that is the power chord pull. This is despite the latest firmware upgrade.

Any thoughts anyone?

yeah I'm using stb emu. The new official MTVOL is as bad as the day I got the box. The only difference now is the tv series sub section. And it doesn't wake up from standby now on numerous occasions. I get no response from formuler but hey they have my 100 quid. I'll never recommend these boxes to anyone.

Yep, mine is now like it was when I got it... Only shows EPG when on a channel, it won't come out of standby unless you pull the wire, and it Buffers like mad and causes my other Minix box to buffer on the same network despite 98mbps download. I tried streaming HD with my Minix and my other cheap box and it worked fine. Totally had enough of this now, worst product ever devised for it's ridiculous price. Someone will build an app similar to MTVOL one day soon and sell it for 3 or 4 quid on the playstore. For now I am back to Minix and Mag.

Peace out

Updates installed, so far so good. Going to test the providers again throughout the evening and try out the M3u list option too! My box is on standby now and will be for 10 hours so hopefully I can report back if the it switches on and starts up the channel and brings the EPG up to date! Fingers crossed.

Hey

Does anyone know if MTVOL is being updated to work with providers using xtream codes v 2.9? My provider has just upgraded so some functionality is now lost in MTVOL for example they have a new section for tv shows that shows in stbemu but not MTVOL.

I know we are due the update for bug fixes but this hasn't been mentioned I don't think.

Hi,

"Does the box get stuck at the whirly rings 100% of the time after waking up from OFF mode?Next time it happens, can you provide a short video?"
    As of Saturday just gone, yes. And tried software and factory reboot.

"Which apps have you installed on your box?"
    Other than MTVOL, Terrarium 1.9.4, youtube and speedtest.

"How many MYTVOnline portals are you using?"
    2 are active but only use 1