Posts by MrMagoo

Finally a response!

Hi Sam, if you've been trying to reproduce this issue for 3 weeks now here's a suggestion - respond to a customer (for example, me) to ask me to send in my logs when I encounter the issue. Standard practice for problem solving, right? I encounter this issue EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to record with a GTV, so i could provide you with lots of useful information.

For example, the seller I bought my GTV from agreed to replace it for me. I get the same problem with the new box. That's useful information right? Yet you say you are having difficulty reproducing it.

I am happy to help you solve your problem, and fix your faulty product, and I won't even charge you.

And there are more than 'two other users' with this issue. Check your forum again. I had to post multiple times in multiple threads because it is quite obvious you are aware of this bug and have made a decision not to admit it and not to reply to customers experiencing this bug.

I understand you have closed other threads because you don't want me to make other potential customers aware of the problem with your product. But instead of censoring the truths why not admit the issue, and fix it?

Must do better on customer service Sam.

Hi Bilstax,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried: factory reset, all updates installed, static IP, changed HDMI and ethernet cable, reformatted USB as NTFS, changed USB drive, tried different IPTV source, used different router and internet connection in a different location - all to no avail.

A z8 works fine so it is something wrong with the GTV, but YouTube on the GTV connects so it's not the box dropping connection.

I can only conclude it's an issue with mytvonline2 on GTV, and hope that Formuler 1) accept and admit that this issue exists and 2) fix it with a software update - soon.

As you can see, the issue is not that I don't understand how to use the box properly, it is that the GTV does not function correctly when scheduling recordings.

I'm having the same problem, I actually started a new thread on it but got no official response so I might as well join in here.

On a GTV when I record manually it works fine, however if I set a recording using EPG it might record properly, it might record 80% of the program or it might record 5%. A z8 works fine so it is something wrong with the GTV, but YouTube on the GTV connects so it's not the box dropping connection.

I tried: factory reset, all updates installed, static IP, changed HDMI and ethernet cable, reformatted USB as NTFS, changed USB drive, tried different IPTV source, used different router and internet connection in a different location - all to no avail.

I can only conclude it's an issue with mytvonline2 on GTV, and hope that Formuler 1) accept and admit that this issue exists and 2) fix it with a software update - soon.

I very much regret 'upgrading' from z8 to GTV and hope my money has not been wasted.

EDIT: having scrolled through the forum for a while I see many separate posts on the same issue, so either Formuler pay no attention to this forum, or they are aware of the recording problems and have decided not to publicly admit it.

The question is, are they working on a fix?

When setting mytvonline2 on a formuler GTV to record using EPG it starts with a message 'Alarm recording failed', records a few minutes and then stops. If I set it to record manually, IE hit record on a live program ,there is no error message, it records fine and turns off with the timer, so its only an issue with recording using EPG.

I've tried a factory reset, reformatted the drive as NTFS, and set a static IP (all recommended on this forum), as well as a different stream, but it's still happening. It also happens with the same box in a different location, different internet, cables, etc.

This doesn't happen with a Z8 on the same setup (location, internet, cables, etc.), so it seems to be an issue with the box.

Any suggestions? Thanks:smiling_face: