Posts by dreamer_cast

Hi, I am planning to buy and set a my first Z8 up for a friend of mine, IPTV and EPG providers are different from each other, and there is no IP lock on my provider side. Do you guys think will be any problem regarding IP flood ban?

Tough to say as its dependent on your provider's data limits on request...you could check with them as this is being discussed among providers as well

My thoughts exactly,

dreamer

I'm sorry but I did exactly that and got a deflective answer...I gave them my provider and they said it was based on ISP and/or the providers, which in a sense is true probably because some providers have stricter data restrictions than others, but this is clearly a MOL2 thing as other devices and apps do not have this issue. Also, am I wrong in saying the process of which the EPG loads on the Z8 is much quicker and complete as a result of this larger data pull? I've tried a few devices and the Z8 pull it the fastest by far,

dreamer

Should come with next summer update.

EPG is still in continuous optimization. Formuler boxes could get the data much, much quicker but the problem is, the server/portal side scripts recognise so much data requests as flood and bann the ip in some cases. From Provider to Provider different. Also, it is very big difference, if user have only four Categories with needed 600-700 Channels or 10.000 and never use 9.000 but this costs traffic and load time.

OK thanks for the info. Just out of curiousity, would using the M3U option on the Z8 improve the EPG loading?

Eric

Hey all, first off great work on the Z7+, best box on the market IMO. Just curious if anyone has an opinion or reason to use M3U over MAC or vice versa. I've noticed M3U seems to load faster but I'm wondering if the EPG is better served on one or the other. Also, is there a FAQ on keyboard/remote shortcuts and hotkeys? Thanks!

dreamer

I connect to it through a hard line, not sure of these buffering issues people are talking about. I would say that is more provider based, or VPN based. Best to maybe try a few trials to see if it is the box,

dreamer

No quality differences, or buffering...I find it boots into the portal quicker since it loads the EPG while channels are playing...like I said, you could run the M3U through extreme editor and fix that VOD sorting, but it does cost money,

dreamer

I like M3U better...runs faster, epg takes a sec to load but not bad...and the epg seems to be more accurate this way. Plus you could run it through xtream editor to tailor it to your needs,

dreamer