Posts by raven0581

1. How to use MAC/ID portal, Xtreme Codes Api (XC) and M3U Url on Formuler Boxes.

Sure, you are starting with this url for first time and the vod informations must first time to be loaded in full, this takes time. Let the box in peace populate until end and next time it works faster with cache.

After VOD is fully loaded all works fine...but after I disconnect and close MyTv app and reconnect it will again begin loading VOD as if for 1st time...this every time I disconnect and reconnect. Happened with 2 different URL's which supplier sent me and which incidentally also only worked if I inputted username and password (login needed) and NOT Url address only like before. I have now been given another URL and this time VOD loads immediately and stays loaded even after I close and reconnect and MyTv app connects with only Url address.

further to my original query.....I have since gone back to my previous Portal and now connection works like before...only Portal address needed and VOD/TV Series list is available once connected immediately. But same question remains....does it have to do with the way the new Portal works? or the way that MyTv Online 2 handles different portals??

I have renewed my 12 month IPTV subscription and my supplier has given me a new portal address. I deleted my previous connection and added a new portal connection with the new line....but now it does not connect.....for the connection to work I have to tick 'login required' and input my username and password to connect. Is this part of the recent MyTv Online 2 update or is this from my IPTV supplier. I have 2 subs...1 with Mac Address for my Z8 and an M3u list for my other android box. Also after connecting and I want to go to the VOD section, before the VOD section was immediately available now when I click on VOD it goes to the 'preparing VOD' screen page and loads the VOD and TV Series list which takes quite some time. Thanks

Only small quantity of normal Z8 got this update, it was only 1 day OTA and gone offline. The reason is widevine and their security politic. Formuler can do nothing in this case to rollout such key update on older boxes! Through manufacturing on newer boxes it is ok, because the install happens on secure industry level.

Like 175n already wrote, Z8 pro and all newer devices manufactured by Formuler in 2021 have Widevine L1 DRM.

Well this seems to me not very good for those like me who own 'Older' Formuler Z8 box. This defeats the whole purpose of why I chose to buy this box....that is to have all my Android apps and IPTV MyTVonline on the same device... which is no longer the case because of this issue. I think that Formuler should try and do more so that this is remedied. Not everyone is inclined to go and buy a newer box when the ones we have should be enough. Formuler should be able to offer this update as a download and find a way that customers can install it from flashdrive like other devices. Thanks for your honest reply.

After seeing your post/reply to my thread I searched and found this post (not on this forum) from 1 year ago which said...so asking if this is true.....and how to check on my Z8.

Widevine L1 is now on Formuler Devices

Did the official update on my Z8 Today and noticed it installed Widevine L1 DRM. Now most/all of the android TV versions of major provider apps work on your Z8, in 1080p as well as 4K!!!!

They even added a new skip ahead feature to Live TV check it out.

I have since checked my Z8 with DRM Info but found I have L3 DRM. Many other posts from different forums state that Official Z8 update from August 2020 came with L1 DRM...can someone look into this. Thanks

Please read my post again: Other version of "Prime Video Android TV app" <- Android Tv version of this app do not need any mouse cursor and i did not spoke about unlinked!

Thank you for your help....I did read your post and I have installed Prime Video app from Aptoide and yes it does work but when I want to choose from top ribbon between 'Movies and TV Shows or Kids or vice-versa I need to choose mouse cursor. With the remote buttons it is fiddly and not always works. The 'Prime Video' app in unlinked works better with remote but does not playback content due to 'HDMI error' which is very unusual error and has something to do with the app coding and not with the Box. I will keep using the Original Prime App since the unlinked one is of no use at it is...... and thank you again....PS...same app (Original NOT unlinked) on other Android box works great with remote...only on Z8 does not 100%...

Is there no-one who can help on this topic?

I have already mentioned that the app you have mentioned I did install it and it works properly BUT this same app needs mouse intervention to choose between 'Movies...Shows...etc from top ribbon. The other app from 'unlinked' folder seems better suited to TV BUT has the error I mentioned in my original thread...ie: HDMI error.

Hi.....I have installed Prime Video app from 'Unlinked' but when I try to play Video an error comes up saying that there is an HDMI connection problem. Playback from within the original Prime Video app from Playstore or Market Place works properly. Anyone can help? As this 'Unlinked' app is better suited for TV as it works 100% with remote unlike original app which needs mouse interventio to choose categories for example. Thanks

Have just bought a Formuler Z8 pro as a present to my daughter's partner and very disappointed that Netflix does not work on this device. Why so? Is there a modified Netflix APK that works with this Z8 Pro?? I bought her this box specifically so they can have both IPTV and Netflix on same device but unfortunately it isn't so it seems. Any easy solutions?

VFormat button on remote controller does not function...only 2 options and both do not work...probably from last update. Can this issue be resolved please?? At the moment there is no way to change aspect ratio of channels which do not auto change their picture format. Thanks

If you hold the v.format button on your remote, there you will have display settings. Check also the display settings on your tv.

Changed v.format to 'user defined'...bit better but still auto dimming when browsing through settings or storage in certain apps. Thought it is something to do with display power settings but can't find anything relevant.

When browsing through Z8 settings or even browsing in apps like VLC or Archos Player through my external storage display dims and brightens automatically which really is annoying. Is there a way to stop this and keep the desired brightness??? Thanks

your provider has now removed the mac from stb emu thats why you are geting blocked by provider

so you can only use 1 line as its easy to chance the mac on stb emu and ues it on another device

Ah! I see.....because you can write your own Mac Address on StBemu and so use the connection on another device which is not allowed. Ok..now i get it...thanks

I have StBemu app installed on my Z8 which I used successfully to connect with my Provider's IPTV URL when there was the issue with MyTvOnline2 which was solved with Mac Address refresh from Provider's part. I since left StBemu installed just in case. Today I tried to connect with StBemu instead of MyTvOnline2 but connecting gives device blocked by provider error. Why does this happen if both apps use same device Mac Address and I only use 1 app at a time. So I cannot have more than 1 app configured for same provider?? MyTvOnline2 connects without issues. Many thanks