Lost ability it would seem moving to this remote

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi all,

First post, done some searching but could not find anything. new user to the Z8 Pro and its like no other box I have ever used and am looking at a second one.

On my IR remote i have the TV buttons for OK, Source, Vol- and Vol+

I configured the first two to control the TV functions but programmed the volume buttons to control my sound bar volume (the power auto on/off with TV) now I have set my scene I'll move on to my issue. I have just paired the BT1 and it solely wants to control the volume of my TV, which I don't want as everything goes through my sound bar.

I tried to trick the BT1 into using the model of my sound bar (different to TV) and it tried two times and failed, so not as smart as I thought I was.

By paying extra to move to the BT1 remote it seems I have lost the ability to program volume buttons to control my sound bar volume. Is this actually the case and I am going to need to return the BT1 and stick with the IR, which I really hope is not the case.

Thanks in advance,

Eddie.

• Thanks for replying Mevi,

I did look in the remote app and i didn't see an option, clearly on the IR remote you hold in the TV button to custom add keys but on the BT1 it switches between TV/STB. Is there another way to do it that I've not found yet?

• I thought it had the learning mode ability but apparetly no. Why Not just set the prefered volume on Soundbar and control the volume through the box, that's how I have it. Btw the btv1 was not programmed to control Soundbars.

• Because if it change it to another device, the volume may be too high/too low.

Understand that and probably neither was the IR remote but it had programmable buttons. By paying the excess for the BT remote, i've lost that ability because it, not me, wants to control my TV.

I just wanted to confirm before I send it back for a refund and continue with the IR remote was more the sanity check I was looking for.