How to enably write access on external media ?

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello forum,

I‘ve been using a Z10 Pro for over a year now and have had a problem with it from the start I have not yet been able to solve: I have no write access to external media (USB stick / micro SD card) in most apps. This means I can't copy files to them, I can't create new folders, delete files or folders, etc.

The apps give me various error messages, which I will list here. The apps either come from the Formuler Market, the Google Play Store or are sideloaded. So far I have only identified two apps that have write access to external media. One is MyTVOnline2, the other is OTR Player (XCIPTV). The remaining apps have no write access.

App

Write-access?Installation sourceError message

MyTVOnline2

Yes

Formuler MarketN/A

OTR Player (XCIPTV)

Yes

sideloadedN/A

IPTV Extreme Pro

No

Google Play Storeopen failed: EACCESS (Permission denied)

TV File Commander

No

Formuler MarketApplication has read-only access to this folder

CX File Explorer

No

sideloadedApplication not found

MiXplorer

No

Formuler MarketThe Android built-in file manager is disabled

Snes9x

No

Formuler MarketSave path lacks write access

PPSSPP

No

sideloadedJava Exception

KODI

No

Formuler MarketCopy/ Move/ Delete failed

I always use the latest version of the Formuler software and firmware. I have also tried a factory reset. Unfortunately without success. I have reformatted the media on the PC and in my smartphone. The USB stick with NTFS, the SD card with exFAT and NTFS. They can be written to on the PC, smartphone or an older Z7+ 5G without any problems. I also tried formatting with Rufus as described in this guide: How to format Micro SD card, USB flash drive, pen drive, hard drive or SSD for use with Z and S Boxes.

Perhaps important: If the external media are formatted with exFAT, the Formuler box does not even recognize them. If I format them using the Formuler box, they have FAT32 as the file system.

If someone could give me some advice on how to proceed, I would be very happy. Thx.

Regards,

Pille