Z8 and children don't mix

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Morning, yesterday I discovered why you should never let a child play with your remote 🙈

I left and the box was merrily playing cartoons (I've been teaching him the wonders of Tom & Jerry), I returned to find the remote in a 4vyear olds hand and nothing being displayed. The box led seems to be fine.

My z8 will not display anything, on start up the z8 screen shows quickly, it appears to complete it's start up by nothing displays.

I've read and tried everything I can see.

Finally tried a factory reset, but can't get the reset to work. Even tried the manual reset.

I don't think they worked.

So how can I get my box back please?

Thank you in advance for your time to try and help me 😘

• Leighfire

Changed the title of the thread from “X8 and children don't mix” to “Z8 and children don't mix”.
  • So, all I get on the tv now is 'Invalid format'.

the Z8 screen shows on start up, but then disapears.

Please tell me an easy way yo get the factory reset, as everything i try fails :-(

• FRom formuler

1. Please take a memo of your important data or do backup using backup & restore tool before the factory reset
    2. Remove power from the device
    3. While repeatedly pressing the RED button(🚨NOT Recording) on the remote, Insert power into the device

Press the button repeatedly, don't hold it down.
    4. The LED on the front of the device will flash quickly alternating from greet to red. Stop pressing the RED button
    5. While the status LED is flashing red and green, press 1 on the remote
    6. The device will initiate the factory reset procedure
    7. Do not remove power to the device.
    8. Wait until the reset procedure is completed
    9. The reset procedure is complete when you see the Setup Assistant on the TV screen
  • Thank you for the reply but i cant seem to get it to work???

At what point during the process is the red/green led classed as quickly?

Do you start pressing the button before power lead goes in?

I think it starts working then it doesnt.

Oh this is so stress full ;-)