GTV-IR1 stopped working

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• 2 weeks ago I booted my Z11 Pro Max, only to see a message: System shutdown initiated. I could cancel the automatic shutdown by pressing Back or OK on the remote. I tried both several times, but it always ended in a shutdown.

I then connected a USB keyboard and I was able to prevent the automatic shutdown. However the remote still wasn't working. I was (and am) still able to control my Sonos soundbar and Sony (Android) TV with the GTV-IR1 remote.

I have tried the following:

- Replaced the batteries with brand new ones > no result.

- Disconnected the IR extender > no result.

- Tried to use the remote at different distances > no result.

- Tried relocating the Z11 to another floor of the house > no result.

- Tried a factory reset (Settings > Device Preferences > Factory reset) > no result.

- Tried a factory reset through the recovery menu (Wipe data/factory reset) > no result.

- Contacted the supplier who sent me a new replacement GTV-IR1 remote > no result.

I'm out of options as far as I know. Does anyone have another tip/option that I could try?

Specs:

System: Formuler Z11 Pro MAX

Current Firmware Version: v11.2.6

Current IPTV Version: v11.2.15

Current Service Version: v11.2.1

Current Tuner Version: v11.2.2

Current Storage Version: v10.10.31

Formuler Remote App Version: v1.3.0

Edited once, last by anonymoez (July 21, 2023 at 1:01 AM).

• Official Post

Maybe the IR sensor inside your Z11 is bad.

You may be able to regain IR control of your Formuler device if you use the external IR extender cable accessory.

Plug in the IR extender all the way. The jack is very stiff and a little force is required to plug in the last millimeter of the jack.

Point the remote directly at the external IR sensor to see if the Z11 responds.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Maybe the IR sensor inside your Z11 is bad.

You may be able to regain IR control of your Formuler device if you use the external IR extender cable accessory.

Plug in the IR extender all the way. The jack is very stiff and a little force is required to plug in the last millimeter of the jack.

Point the remote directly at the external IR sensor to see if the Z11 responds.

I have been using the IR extender from day 1.

Tried unplugging and plugging it back in several times. I even tried another IR extender (from my Amiko One 5G box) without result.

• I have been using the IR extender from day 1.

Tried unplugging and plugging it back in several times. I even tried another IR extender (from my Amiko One 5G box) without result.

In this case I would suggest contacting your seller for warranty instructions.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.