Single channel epg problems

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I don't know how many of you have this issue, but:

- I have two XC providers (sources) that I combine in one m3u via **** (for epg and channel sorting/grouping reasons);
    - single channel epg doesn't work on m3u but shows for xc;
    - even when is showing (for the XC situation) the single channel epg has no effect (you cannot initiate a recording from it, pressing OK on the remote on any of the future shows/programs has no effect) other than just showing the schedule.

My question is rather for the Formuler team (but if anyone else solved it, the solution would be more than welcome): what is the reason for this behavior and what is the difference in MOL3 compared to MOL2 where none of these problems occurred?

Thank you!

• New
    • Official Post

I don't know how many of you have this issue, but:

- I have two XC providers (sources) that I combine in one m3u via **** (for epg and channel sorting/grouping reasons);
    - single channel epg doesn't work on m3u but shows for xc;
    - even when is showing (for the XC situation) the single channel epg has no effect (you cannot initiate a recording from it, pressing OK on the remote on any of the future shows/programs has no effect) other than just showing the schedule.

For sure not so much, maybe few of them who create and edit their own M3U playlists. Since you edit your own m3u by your self it`s not possible to say what goes wrong.

• The XC problem = single channel epg showing but completely inactive (e.g. you can not initiate a recording from it since pressing the OK button on a certain program has no effect at all) is not related to the playlist/epg editor since it's an XC connection that is not passed through the named editor.

In the same time, using the m3u (which is created by the mentioned editor): why does it work perfectly in MOL2 but not at all in MOL3?

• New
    • Official Post

The XC problem = single channel epg showing but completely inactive (e.g. you can not initiate a recording from it since pressing the OK button on a certain program has no effect at all) is not related to the playlist/epg editor since it's an XC connection that is not passed through the named editor.

In single EPG it is also not possible to initiate recording only in main EPG.

In the same time, using the m3u (which is created by the mentioned editor): why does it work perfectly in MOL2 but not at all in MOL3?

Because the Editor took MOL2 into account at that time or followed some criterias that MOL2 also follows. MOL3 is new generation, new code with new features, some of them are possible but not even from protocol yet covered.

• In single EPG it is also not possible to initiate recording only in main EPG.

Why not?... It was a very useful tool for programming recordings with more than 24 hours in advance (since the main epg only shows 24 hrs of program). Now we basically have a 7 days epg that we can see but with no practical use.

Btw, when on Z10 I used as the unique remote the LG TV one which has no main epg button and I scheduled the recordings exclusively using the single channel epg through the "right" button. Now, this would have been impossible.

Whose ideas (cutting off or limiting functionalities) are those anyway? Because they do not seem to follow the logic of the normal user: something that worked does not work anymore, sacrificing functionality on the altar of a so called improvement/progress...

• New
    • Official Post

Why not?... It was a very useful tool for programming recordings with more than 24 hours in advance (since the main epg only shows 24 hrs of program). Now we basically have a 7 days epg that we can see but with no practical use.

I have no idea why not, was requested but not teleported. Devs. have their reasons, whatever they are.