Z11 Pro Max not shutting down after scheduled recording ended

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• As stated in the title, the Z11 ProMAX is not shutting down after a recording has ended but shows (for an indefinite period of time) the message in the attached screenshot. Is there something I miss or is it something "team Formuler" should fix?

• As stated in the title, the Z11 ProMAX is not shutting down after a recording has ended but shows (for an indefinite period of time) the message in the attached screenshot. Is there something I miss or is it something "team Formuler" should fix?

I have never seen a message like in your picture,i usually get a message "recording-name show- ended,in the right lower quadrant of the screen.If i see correctly on your picture there is a countdown (59) for the device to turn off or cancel /or turn off now.I have never seen any of these messages on my z11,whether when recording from power off or standby position!

• This message appears after a scheduled recording. The box is in standby, it wakes up, makes the recording and after that it should return to standby (at least this is what MOL2/Z10 does).

The “59” thing should be a countdown but it is not. Instead of returning to standby the box just shows that message for an indefinite period of time (usually until you get back home, open your TV and choose the Z11 as video source).

• New
    • Official Post

This happen to some other user few weeks ago on German forum too, he done factory reset and since then no issues.

• The factory reset “solution” occurs too often and in too many situations (in my opinion) for what should be a mature linux box (that’s what android ultimately is). I’ll try it but the next update should fix a lot of things (problems like the one above, recordings hit/miss, single channel epg not showing etc.). Anyway, thank you for the suggestion!

• New
    • Official Post

The reason why i recommended factory reset is only because you point to more then one issue. The Picture shows us shutdown countdown that has stuck, this could be some freeze process.

• Well, I'll be darned... Either SAM you did something to it last night or it (the box) was scared when I told it I'd replace it back with the old Z10, but for the first time since I bought this box the scheduled recording worked AND it returned to standby when finished. I did literally nothing (no factory reset, the same **** generated m3u etc.) apart from writing this post. I don't know anymore what to make of this box... Of course, the single epg is still not working (maybe I'll have another talk with the Z11 about that :)) ) so I'll probably have to make the factory reset in the end, but what regards the return to standby after scheduled recording is obvious that the Z11/MOL3 knows how to do it, it just doesn't want (at least didn't until now, I'll have to see).

Edited once, last by gabi (April 10, 2024 at 11:03 AM).

• New
    • Official Post

Nice it works, from time to time reboot the box, it helps.

Btw. Please stop to post name from your Provider in your postings and read the forum rules. It is not allowed to post provider name or url's to them. Thank you.

• Nice it works, from time to time reboot the box, it helps.

Btw. Please stop to post name from your Provider in your postings and read the forum rules. It is not allowed to post provider name or url's to them. Thank you.

I often reboot it. IPTVBoss is NOT a content provider. It is a playlist/epg editor (has no relation to any content whatsoever) like the online ones (m3u4u etc.) but works on Windows/Mac/Linux as a standalone application.

• New
    • Official Post

Thx. for explain, extended text like Editor would be useful. Not each editor or tool are known for everyone. Thank you.

• SAM You should try it, it's a very nice and useful tool - drag and drop for channels and groups, rename channels, create categories, automatic epg refresh etc. (I am not affiliated to them in any way, I am just using it since some years ago). If you'd try it maybe I could also solve my single channel epg problem :)) (probably it's something in the epg syntax it creates that prevents it from being showed in MOL3 as opposed to MOL2 where it was working).

• New
    • Official Post

(probably it's something in the epg syntax it creates that prevents it from being showed in MOL3 as opposed to MOL2 where it was working).

Good possible, because Single channel works fine with non changed EPG data from Provider.

When i find some time sure (Rare), always ready to learn something new :winking_face:

• SAM You should try it, it's a very nice and useful tool - drag and drop for channels and groups, rename channels, create categories, automatic epg refresh etc. (I am not affiliated to them in any way, I am just using it since some years ago). If you'd try it maybe I could also solve my single channel epg problem :)) (probably it's something in the epg syntax it creates that prevents it from being showed in MOL3 as opposed to MOL2 where it was working).

Where can you find this editor you mentioned in post#10 and does it only work with m3u playlists or can you also use it with XC connection?

• New
    • Official Post
    IPTVBoss
    The Boss of IPTV Editors!
    iptvboss.pro

Check the FAQ from them on site.

• Well, the miracle lasted just one day. I scheduled another recording for last night (I checked and it was in the "Schedules" menu). The box started at the hour the record should begin, but did not record anything. In the morning the box was still open (white light), the "Schedules" menu was showing nothing but also no notification about starting/ending of the record (as if it never was any recording scheduled). I know some other users here had/have the same issues. I also encountered the situation when the notifications are there (start and stop) but the records have 0 time (and trying to play them results in an error, of course).

Conclusion, I will try again the (in)famous factory reset, which I tried before with no result, but this time I will also pull out any inserted USB/SD card (which I didn't do the other times). I'm sceptical about the result though.

Edited once, last by gabi (April 12, 2024 at 3:28 PM).

• So, the miracle kept for just one day. I scheduled another recording for last night (I checked and it was in the "Schedules" menu). The box started at the hour the record should begin, but did not record anything. In the morning the box was still open (white light), the "Schedules" menu was showing nothing but also no notification about starting/ending of the record (as if it never was any recording scheduled). I know some other users here had/have the same issues. I also encountered the situation when the notifications are there (start and stop) but the records have 0 time (and trying to play them results in an error, of course).

Conclusion, I will try again the (in)famous factory reset, which I tried before with no result, but this time I will also pull out any inserted USB/SD card (which I didn't do the other times). I'm sceptical about the result though.

Hi,i initially had similar problems with scheduled recordings,after some investigation it appeared it was due to a faulty USB-stick (>200 errors when checking in Rufus!)

Since then i have replaced the USB by a 1TB hdd,and up to now,over the last 3 months,i havent had any problems with recording anymore.A 1TB ssd or hdd might be a cheap solution to your problems,they cost between 30-60 euros:thinking_face::thinking_face:

• Hi,i initially had similar problems with scheduled recordings,after some investigation it appeared it was due to a faulty USB-stick (>200 errors when checking in Rufus!)

Since then i have replaced the USB by a 1TB hdd,and up to now,over the last 3 months,i havent had any problems with recording anymore.A 1TB ssd or hdd might be a cheap solution to your problems,they cost between 30-60 euros:thinking_face::thinking_face:

For the Z11 I got a 512GB Samsung Evo Plus Blue microSDXC (which I thought is a viable and more elegant solution since it's attached to the back of the box and is not as noticeable as the USB on the right side). Previously, on the Z10 ProMax, I was using a 256GB USB SanDisk Ultra Fit without any issues.

I know I promised to make a topic about the recordings (and epg) issues, I have all the pictures, I'm just too lazy at the moment to do all the writing but I will try in the next few days.