Harddisc for Z10SE

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi

I have a Formuler Z10Se boks. I want to record from the boks to a extern Harddisc. How big Harddisc can the Z10Se Boks work together with and should I bay a speciel type of harddisc?

• Hi,i have both z10pro and z11promax and use a 1TB ext hdd,this gives me plenty of space to do recording,you can also go for ext ssd,shop around on the internet and you will find good devices in the price range of 30-60 euro:smiling_face:

• Hi,i have both z10pro and z11promax and use a 1TB ext hdd,this gives me plenty of space to do recording,you can also go for ext ssd,shop around on the internet and you will find good devices in the price range of 30-60 euro:smiling_face:

Thanks. I gues 1 TB is enorgh for me, but do you think there is a limit for how big HDD Formuler bokses can connect with?

• Thanks. I gues 1 TB is enorgh for me, but do you think there is a limit for how big HDD Formuler bokses can connect with?

I am actually not sure whether there is a limit to how big hdd you can connect with,ext HDD generally are available up to 5 TB,but you will have to do an awful lot of recording to fill this up at a much larger cost.

• I am actually not sure whether there is a limit to how big hdd you can connect with,ext HDD generally are available up to 5 TB,but you will have to do an awful lot of recording to fill this up at a much larger cost.

I have found a Harddisc that fit, but it dosent have a powercable, but gets the power though the USB Cable. Can The Fumuler Boks handle that?

• I have found a Harddisc that fit, but it dosent have a powercable, but gets the power though the USB Cable. Can The Fumuler Boks handle that?

My ext HDD also is powered through USB cable,and both boxes i have handle this well.

• My ext HDD also is powered through USB cable,and both boxes i have handle this well.

Perfekt. Thank you for your help. Do you format the disc on a PC first or do you use the formuler boks?

• Perfekt. Thank you for your help. Do you format the disc on a PC first or do you use the formuler boks?

Format it to NTFS using Rufus tool,as described in article section,format on PC or laptop.

• Format it to NTFS using Rufus tool,as described in article section,format on PC or laptop.

Perfekt. I whil do that.

• RE. Formatting - I would suggest formatting NTFS with 64K clusters. Best for file systems that use large files like multimedia, avoids fragmentation.

Peder

Z8 Beginner/IPTV Amateur

Formuler Z8, Onkyo TX-NR656, Samsung Q70A, Harmony One, Harmony 880