Formuler S Turbo Satellite EPG

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • I have very recently decided to purchase the Formuler S Turbo to try because I and my friends/family have being using enigma 2 boxes for free satellite viewing and IPTV, however everytime there is an issue with IPTV, the boxes have to be set up again and while I can do it no problem, it’s more difficult for me when they live hours away. Anyway this box seems like it could be the answer, it has a satellite s2 tuner and mytvonline is excellent. the only problem is the satellite epg (not the mytvonline epg) it is the worst I have ever seen. it doesn’t populate by itself, it only does now and next, you have to select the programme to get that and then it all blank the next morning and won’t populate. I have edited the channel list, first by the editing software, and then I have removed it, rescanned and edited it on the box. still exactly the same. the reason I choose this on was for the satellite (rather than the Z7+) so I just had one box. I have about 10 people wanting to buy this model instead of the enigma 2 boxes, is this going to get sorted, or am I missing a setting or something. I am very good with technology and have read all I can online. The box is amazing apart from this issue in my opinion.
    After loading and then after editing the list I did restart the box and it did work for some hours until the nex day it was blank as stated earlier

• Yes, at moment Formuler is working on EPG fix for Z Series and in this case all Z and S series profits with better EPG for Mytvonline. After that comes EPG optimising for S Series, thought is to come near E2 EPG, with local saving etc. This will increase the EPG loading. If you ask when this will come, don`t know really but in next 2-3 Months is possible.

p.s
    Thread moved to proper forum!

• Thank you for your quick response, I do rate the box very much and Formuler really do put effort into improving the boxes. Can I ask has the guide got the same issues for the usb aerial adapters?
    I will look forward to the updates

Many thanks

• Can I ask has the guide got the same issues for the usb aerial adapters?

Not sure what you mean exactly?

• Thank you for your quick response, I do rate the box very much and Formuler really do put effort into improving the boxes. Can I ask has the guide got the same issues for the usb aerial adapters?
    I will look forward to the updates

Many thanks

Quick question.

Are you using the USB aerial tuner with the DVB interface or with MYTVOnline?

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I am not using it at all, just the built in s2. My question was, does the usb aerial tuner use the DVB interfave and if so is the epg just as bad? However are you saying the usb aerial also works on MYTVONLINE ? if so I take it the epg works similar to the IPTV which is so much better (it takes between 3-5 seconds for MYTVONLINE, while the s2 tuner with DVB interface never fills with only a couple showing). I really do like this box, and I am recommending it to everyone I know to replace their E2 boxes, It is so easy to set up and does everything you need and more. I just want a working epg................. : )

• I am not using it at all, just the built in s2. My question was, does the usb aerial tuner use the DVB interfave and if so is the epg just as bad? However are you saying the usb aerial also works on MYTVONLINE ? if so I take it the epg works similar to the IPTV which is so much better (it takes between 3-5 seconds for MYTVONLINE, while the s2 tuner with DVB interface never fills with only a couple showing). I really do like this box, and I am recommending it to everyone I know to replace their E2 boxes, It is so easy to set up and does everything you need and more. I just want a working epg................. : )

Hi,

Sorry I misspoke.

When the USB Aerial tuner is inserted into an S-series product, it must be used with the DVB interface.
    The DVB interface EPG has been tested and is known to work properly with the USB tuner.
    Albeit we don't have test results for every DVB-T system around the globe.

When the USB Aerial tuner is inserted into a Z-series product, you can access it with MYTVOnline.
    The DVB-T EPG is currently not implemented in MYTVOnline.

The reason we aren't implementing the DVB EPG in MYTVOnline is because we're planning a major overhaul of the TV Viewing experience.
    The new UI/UX will tightly integrate the DVB and MYTVOnline interfaces into one unified viewing platform.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.