Updating From Android 7.0 to 7.1

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi guys,

I bought Z7+ a few days ago and realized that it came shipped with Android 7.0 and not 7.1. I am really anal about keeping all my software up-to-date.

I was wondering, is there a way for me to update my Z7+ to Android 7.1?

Thank you!

• Hi,

No it`s not possible to update for Users, because it is root closed box and only few sections are open for user. OS Updates on box like this, are only possible if manufacturer do this, like trough OTA Update.

• Thank you Sam!

Can you please explain your relationship to the manufacturer?

I am asking because I would like to know whether the upcoming major update (slow EPG loading), when it is finally released, will be provided automatically or I'll have to download it and apply it manually.

Thanks again.

• Hi alandman,

As Sam has explained it's not as simple as upgrading from android 7.0 to 7.1. However Formuler boxes come with OTA updates, what this means is when Formuler releases a new firmware and you restart your Formuler box it will automatically checks for updates on startup, when an update is available, your Formuler device will take care of the update process automatically meaning you do not have to do anything. The benefit of this is users do not have to worry about checking and applying for updates and the troubles that comes with it as it's all automatically done for you :)

btw welcome to the forum :thumbsup: