PowerSave for external HDDs?

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi there,
    is there a possibility to enable hdd spin down, if it is idle for longier than n minutes. Or at least if the box is in standby mode? I think it doesn't be optimal for HDDs lifespawn if it must be active all over time.

• Hi,

Most external hard drives will spin down (enter into power saver mode) after 10-15 minutes of drive inactivity. This should be normal scenario for HDD with enabled internal power save mode in HDD.
    From manufacturer homepage of your hdd you can download tools and check on pc if this feature is enabled or not.

For Z and S Series is only "Power OFF" mode with holding "Off Button for 2 sec." on your RCU the right way to cut the USB power for external device.

• Hi,

Most external hard drives will spin down (enter into power saver mode) after 10-15 minutes of drive inactivity. This should be normal scenario for HDD with enabled internal power save mode in HDD.
    From manufacturer homepage of your hdd you can download tools and check on pc if this feature is enabled or not.

For Z and S Series is only "Power OFF" mode with holding "Off Button for 2 sec." on your RCU the right way to cut the USB power for external device.

So you mean there is still USB power going through the external device if the box is in standby mode?

My external HDD is always connected to the Formuler Z7+ also when the box is in standby mode.

To be honest I don't hear the HDD spin while the box is in standby mode.

• Same issue for me. External HDD never switching off even in "eco" standby mode. My previous SAT receiver (Openbox S4 PVR) based on linux can do that. Can you please advice how to solve that?