North American satellite (Anik F1R)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello all, not sure if this reply is related to what NewToIPTV mention but is similar. I just got my TWO Formuler S Turbo UHD 4K receivers I got from a UK dealer. I purchase them via ebay and got them shipped to us to Oakville, Ontario... Canada :smiling_face:

The problem now is how can I set the DVB-S receiver to tune a North American satellite (Anik F1R). Specifically to our (unscrambled) feed in one of the transponders (tp 10B)... attached infor of the satellite from lyngsat.

I've tried manually entering the data but I get no luck (attached screen shot of the settings). Are these box good for this task? Maybe I'm missing something... hope you can help me out.

Thank you!

• Official Post

Wrong forum and thread, moved postings to new one.

First do the satellite tp update and activate also the Network searche, this could help. Can`t you see with Automatic search Anik FR or do you need only this specific TP?

• Official Post

Can you verify this feed is still alive with another IRD?

• Hi guys, thank you for your replies.

------------------------------------------------------------

First here are my answers:

SAM:

- Thanks for moving the post to the right place :smiling_face:

- The satellite Anik FR does not show up on the list of satellite; this is why I had to use the "User" setting.

- For testing purposes I could use any other transponder; for the final use the need wil be to use "4100V TP10B" as shown in the Lyngsat page

- Question: What does "Network Search" does?

175n:

- Yes this feed is still available. It currently is our LIVE signal and covers the whole country. I've tested with a cable feeding another (working) IRD.

------------------------------------------------------------

Second: I GOT IT WORKING!!

The problem I was having is that the setting info I was using was incorrect. After a little bit of self teach (on how the interface present the information) and thanks to Google I understand the culprit was forth the "Frequency" and the "LNB Frequency" settings. For the transponder I wanted (4100 V) the correct values are:

Frequency: 4100 [V] 28346 >> Which gets taken care by updating the TP list but ONLY if the next setting is correct!

LNB Frequency: 5150.

Once these two values were set (I had to manually add the TP) the "Quality" bar showed signal. Then I was able to update the LB list and scan the channels.

In short, I know the oscillation frequency is dependent of the band and frequency of the transponder to reach... I just had to translate the concepts and put them all together. See attached the three screens of the system working.

Once again thanks!

JD

PS: yeah... i like the font coulor feature :smiling_face: