HELP - USB not visible on network

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I got a new Formuler Z7+ a week ago. The biggest problem I have is that USB connected to the device is hid from my home network.

First time connected, I updated to the latest software.

At the beginning I was able to see the USB connected to the device in 3 network computers. Sometime later it disappeared from one computer, next day from the second computer and now I can’t see the USB from any computer at all.

I have used the USB2 and USB3 ports on device, tested with WI-FI and Ethernet and reset the modem several times. I also have factory reset several times, formatted USB with Rufus and windows 10 explorer without luck.

All USB sticks popup on the computers perfectly. I can see them if I use the file browser app on device, and I can write while they are connected to the device, for example recording video.

I mean, I have done everything possible.

My question: Is this a signal to contact reseller for exchange or I’m missing something else (can be?).

Thank you for the feedback.

Edited once, last by bob_sams (June 16, 2018 at 3:08 PM).

• Official Post

The USB device connected to your z7+ should be accessible from the network at:

\\box.ip.address\share\media_rw\sda1

Are you saying it doesn't show up at the path above?

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I have been using Windows Explorer >> Network and the folder "share" was visible in all computers until it was disappearing gradually from each computer. Never been used that path.

Thanks

• I have tested \\box.192.168.#.##\share\media_rw\sda1 and it doesn’t show up.

In addition, from Home screen I go to:

File Browser >> Store: I see only the USB and internal storage CARD.

File Browser >> NFS: Nothing shows

File Browser >> LAN: Nothing shows

I think home network computers should be visible on LAN or NFS, right? If not, where I can see the other computers in the network? I believe browsing the complete network is possible from the Formuler Z7+, right?

Thanks

• Official Post

In addition, from Home screen I go to:

File Browser >> Store: I see only the USB and internal storage CARD.

This is normal

File Browser >> NFS: Nothing shows

Are you running a *nix NFS server on your local network?

If not, nothing will show up here either.

File Browser >> LAN: Nothing shows

This is for SMB (Samba) shares. Typically, these are windows computers on your local network.

If nothing shows up here, make sure your computer is visible to other computers on the network by changing the appropriate settings in Windows Network and Sharing center.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I'm heading home now so I will check the new path soon.

Is any place on the Formuler Z7+ where I can browse the computers connected to the network, let's say for example, play a video I have in one of these computers?

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate that.

• UPDATE-----------

Tried new path \\192.168.1.134\share\ where 192.168.1.134 is the box's ip address and nothing prompt and nothing show on computers.

Windows Network and Sharing settings are working properly. I'm able to see, browse, copy, play and delete at all computers connected to the network from each other computer.

Thank you in advance for the feedback!

• UPDATE-----------

Tried new path \\192.168.1.134\share\ where 192.168.1.134 is the box's ip address and nothing prompt and nothing show on computers.

Windows Network and Sharing settings are working properly. I'm able to see, browse, copy, play and delete at all computers connected to the network from each other computer.

Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Make sure SAMBA sharing is turned on under Settings -> Android -> Samba Service