firmware update problem

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Why is it that there are so many complaints around the latest firmware update??

The last time I updated my firmware my Formuler stopped working !! And it took some gruelling frustating time to sort out.

And now,,, I do not even Dare to update to the new firmware...

Why?

Because nothing and noone yet have convinsed me about the neccesity of that....

And I think those who wrote that Code has some serios explaining to do.

Please feel free to explain why this latest firmware was released....

And what is so important about it.....

Sincerely yours

/Zen

• I also wait at least 7 days now before I install a new version, beta or official.

And even after 7 days I only install new software if nobody is reporting (critical) issues on this forum.., and if there really something in the fix/feature list that I want/need.

Looking at the list of fixes on the first post of the release thread I do see why they wanted to release that, there are a lot of annoying issues fixed for many people.

• Thank you tripple D,

You are certainly on the spot there. However I Ijust told Admin that they should have included " If you have a functioning software you dont need to update" in the update instructions.

What unfortunatly is blatlently clear is that they need some improvements in the Code Writing Department... and some better testing routines.

I mean, people who happily bought their equipment should not be AFRAID of updating firmware.

I myself remember the panic I had when my 7Z+ just went blank after the last update about a year ago. I was searching all forums I could find and came upon this one. But no help that cleared the matter...

That was so frustrating, I mean,, we all have stuff to do..right? Instead of dealing with failing Formulers ?

Well,

I am certainly going to keep a keen eye on what goes on here and follow the discussion...

Cheers

/Zen

• Official Post

You are certainly on the spot there. However I Ijust told Admin that they should have included " If you have a functioning software you dont need to update" in the update instructions.

Really? Two different threads discussing same issue and for this we have time enough???
    Thank you to telling us here what we have to do and how... very interesting..

I am certainly going to keep a keen eye on what goes on here and follow the discussion...

And what then, write toxic postings? Very helpful!