Ethernet drops when running mol2+Nord app

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Have not upgraded to latest beta. Box runs great but I experience drops in connection 1-2 times per week. Pretty much all I do is run mol 2 with Nord VPN app. Annoying. Have to reboot box. Anyone else experience this?

• 3 possible scenario's, which is the most likely for you?

1)

Relatively low connection speed in your internet subscription? Do you have DSL, cable or fiber?

IF that is on the "low" side, a VPN can take away just enough from that for a connection to start to behave like that in a video stream app.

So IF the connection speed is low, I'm not saying "stop using VPN", but you might consider "upgrading" the internet provider download speed.

2)

Perhaps you are sharing your internet connection with multiple devices/people and when something/somebody starts downloading there is not enough bandwidth left over for the Z8 stable video stream?

3)

Some IPTV providers sometimes have bandwidth issues when too many people watch the same stream at the same time... for example football games with a big global interest.

• Thanks for your response.

1. 500/20 connection so this not an issue

2. Not huge amount of devices, no gaming and I have a high end Asus router

3. Possibly but why would this cause my box to lose internet connection?

Isn't it more likely to relate to both apps putting strain on box? Used to run VPN at router level but continual issues with dns leaks. When I changed dns I could not access sites like Netflix, amazon etc

• I have MOL2 7.5.6 and NordVPN 3.17.5 and I never have the issue so "strain" is unlikely.

And there are a lot more people combining various MOL2 versions with various VPN's. We would see a lot more questions if there was a performance issue in that area.

Perhaps you leave the Z8 on for many hours and are you using DHCP? Perhaps the lease time on the IP is too short?

Do you have access to the local router logs? Perhaps there is a hint there about reasons for connection drops?

I once solved my connection issues by simply rebooting my internet provider router. What's the uptime on yours currently?

• Hi

Lease time is 86400.

I will research how to access the logs on router.

I leave box in standby mode . Wonder if I should turn off/shut it down.

Drops appear random though. Might go a whole weekend with heavy use and no prob Lems.

Uptime 2 days 6 hours

• Are you using wired ethernet or wifi? Or "both"?

I never use the Z8 standby mode. The startup time (from standby or "cold") is almost the same and since the box is java based, shutdown/startup is almost always better.

I always shutdown like this (assume being in MOL2):

- Menu > Connections > Portal > Disconnect > Back > Exit MOL2

- Then, being in Z8 home screen > Press STB for 2+ seconds > Shutdown

If it is a "real" connection issue, the logs wil bring this troubleshooting (hopefully) a step further.