EPG Offset by the Minute

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I have searched and could not find exactly what I am looking for, so I apologize if it has already been asked.

I have a Z8 with Firmware 1.4.54 , Software 2.1.5 and MOL2 version 7.6.3

I am able to change the EPG offset plus or minus from NONE to 6 HOURS in 30 minute intervals. Currently it is set to NONE.

I was wondering if there is any way to adjust the EPG by only 3 or 4 minutes.

When I timeshift back to a certain timeslot (say the Local News) on the EPG and press OK, I will see the previous show play for about 3:40 (that's 3 minutes and 40 seconds) before the News will start, but that means when I reach the end of the timeslot it stops playing and I still have 3:40 of the News to watch, so I must go to the next timeslot and press play in order to get the final 3:40 of the previous News.

The EPG Offset minimum adjustment is 30 minutes. Is there any way to tweak it to only move 3 or 4 minutes? Or is there any other way to get around this?

I hope I explained this right.

Thank you

• Knowing that these suggestions are also not perfect, because you can only do it for a channel you are already watching/recording, the only suggestion I can make is to enable:

MOL2 > Settings > Locale timeshift > Enable

and/or

MOL2 > Settings > Extra recording time > 1/3/5/10 minutes (will add that amount of time before AND after the recording)

• What a great web-site. You guys are always quick to answer. Thanks for being here for all of us.

My MOL2 Local timeshift was defaulted OFF and I enabled it when I first got the Z8 in order to watch shows from earlier in the day. I can go back 6 hours which is good for me.

The Extra Recording Time is currently set for 5 minutes, but that is for a beginning and ending recording buffer and not for using Timeshift on EPG.

So I guess there is nothing I can do to fix this. What is really annoying is if I am watching a program that was on an hour ago and the last 3:40 minutes runs into the current live show that is on now, I can't watch the last few minutes as you can't timeshift to the beginning of the current live show. So I must wait for 2 hours in order to get the entire one hour show.

Anyway, I appreciate all your help ddd and thank you once again for what you and SAM do on this site.