Recording the remainder of a show when going to bed

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Good evening. If I start dozing off during a show, is there a way I can record the remainder of the show and have the Z8 go to standby after the TV and AVR are already shut down? I just did a test and tried to record the last 10 minutes of a show and shut down the systems using my universal remote. It looks like the Z8 posted a message that there was a recording in progress and wanted to confirm shutdown/cancel. It continued to record even after the show was over. Hmm. Maybe if I use the individual remotes to power off the TV and AVR individually...?

Peder

Z8 Beginner/IPTV Amateur

Formuler Z8, Onkyo TX-NR656, Samsung Q70A, Harmony One, Harmony 880

• Good evening. If I start dozing off during a show, is there a way I can record the remainder of the show and have the Z8 go to standby after the TV and AVR are already shut down? I just did a test and tried to record the last 10 minutes of a show and shut down the systems using my universal remote. It looks like the Z8 posted a message that there was a recording in progress and wanted to confirm shutdown/cancel. It continued to record even after the show was over. Hmm. Maybe if I use the individual remotes to power off the TV and AVR individually...?

Well, no, that doesn't work. Apparently, hitting the record button when a show is already in progress simply turns on recording until it is manually turned off. The system is unaware of when the program actually ends. Also, you cannot simply pull up the record/remind dialog from the guide once a program starts. So I guess it's just shutdown and go to bed and maybe pick up again on timeshift later, at least until it expires and roll off the end of the guide. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Peder

Z8 Beginner/IPTV Amateur

Formuler Z8, Onkyo TX-NR656, Samsung Q70A, Harmony One, Harmony 880

• Press the record button. Then press it one more time to open the recording details menu.

Set the DURATION of the recording. Close the menu.

After that, Press the RED hotkey on the remote and try to set the SLEEP timer to some point in time after the recording ends.

For example if you set the DURATION of the recording to 15 minutes, set the SLEEP timer to 20 minutes.

Of course this could be easily solved with a "Turn off after recording finishes" recording option, but it isn't implemented in the software (yet)

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.