Remote malfunctioning z10 pro max

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello,

I have a Formuler Z10 Pro MAX.

Everything was alright, and suddenly my remote became a pain to work.

When i press volume down button, it makes the volume go UP.

When i press the UP arrow, it goes DOWN.

And sometimes whatever i press it does nothing at all.

I need to point the remote in a really specific direction to make it work.

When i come closer to the IR Receiver, it's worse.

Remote only works good when i unplug IR Receiver and point directly to the box.

Why ?? Everything was really good, i did nothing, and now everything's a mess.

I tried to update the firmware, but it's still the same issue.

The batteries of the remote are still good, because when i control my TV with the remote, it works really good. But when i want to control the Z10 ProMAX with the remote, it's a pain...

I have the basic remote.

• I had similar problems but it was due to the fact that the box (z10pro) was placed in direct sunlight,and there was interference between box and remote in a similar erratic way you described!

• I had similar problems but it was due to the fact that the box (z10pro) was placed in direct sunlight,and there was interference between box and remote in a similar erratic way you described!

Hello, thanks for trying to help me ! I wish it was that easy !

I guess there's an issue with my IR Extender receiver.

When my box isn't hidden, and is sitting next to my TV, the remote is OK.
    When the box is hidden, and IR Receiver plugged in, NOTHING IS WORKING, nothing.

And i remind you that everything used to work perfectly in this exact set-up, and from a sudden, it's now completely impossible to use.

I am now forced to leave the box in full view, something that bothers me, because before I could hide it, and just point the remote to the IR Receiver and it worked perfectly. I don't know what happened, it's incomprehensible, especially for such an expensive box.

• I guess you're right,your IR Extended receiver may be up for replacement,shouldn't be to expensive or use your warranty?

• i noticed with my Z10, that when the front of the box is visable and the extender is plugged in the remote doesn't work as it should.

1. Is the extender plugged in completely?

2. Cover the front of the Z10 so that the box itself can not receive an ir signal and try again.

• FrankieV mentioned good solutions. The IR Eye must be pressed until end, most issues happen if not full pressed and 1mm is missing.

if this does n`t work (after box reboot) then is something wrong with your IR eye. In that case contact your seller for IR Eye replace.

• FrankieV mentioned good solutions. The IR Eye must be pressed until end, most issues happen if not full pressed and 1mm is missing.

if this does n`t work (after box reboot) then is something wrong with your IR eye. In that case contact your seller for IR Eye replace.

i noticed with my Z10, that when the front of the box is visable and the extender is plugged in the remote doesn't work as it should.

1. Is the extender plugged in completely?

2. Cover the front of the Z10 so that the box itself can not receive an ir signal and try again.

Thank you for responding and trying to help me!

What I don't understand is that these problems happen from one second to the next.

Everything was working fine. I did NOT change anything. And it didn't work anymore.

Now I have to leave the box exposed.

Not sure if my seller will replace anything for free...