Network Storage unmounting by NordVPN

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello everyone,

I have probleme with my Network Storage with Z11 Pro Max (I have also with Z10 Pro Max same probleme).

I can mount my Network Storage manuel but if i reboot my Z11 Pro Max and don't mount my Network Storage on startup, i have enable "Reconnect on Startup".

Later i found out that my NordVPN unmount my Network Storage.

If i disable NordVPN on start, Network Storage will mount as normaly, but when i enable NordVPN than my Network Storage will unmounting.

Someone know about this probleme and what can i do ?

Is happend also with Z10 Pro Max.

My Network Storage is connect to Synology DS1819+

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for my badley english

• Why don't you use nordvpn always on with split tunneling to be used just by MOL3. Then you can mount and unmount freely, it will never unmount because only MOL3 is using the vpn, network storage is available for all apps no matter if they are using vpn or not...

ofc "lan acess" need to be enabled on vpn!!!

• Hi z11pronotmax,

Nordvpn will enable only for MOL3 and wil disable outside MOL3 ? Because i enable MOL3 in split tunneling of Nordvpn, that's right ?

I did't know what split tunneling is, thank you for explaining.

• Yes, Nordvpn split tunneling will allow your apps to connect to the internet without using VPN. This is obviously a security risk, but as most of us use a vpn not because we want or need security, but just to avoid ISP blocking IPTV and other stuff it's probably a good way to have both worlds...

Enabling Lan access in Nord VPN (another security risk) and only MOL3 through Split tunneling is the way to go, then you connect network storage and it's available in every app including MOL3 and then you can do time-shift and recording through LAN while keeping MOL3 with a dedicated vpn address, meaning all other apps will be able to connect to the internet without vpn (not all aps, every vpn app has it's own split tunneling capabilities, nordvpn is not the best because you can't disable several system apps from connecting through vpn, only apps like MOL3, kodi, plex, etc, apps you installed...). Expressvpn shows more system apps in their split tunneling for example...

• Hi z11pronotmax,

I have done what you said, it's normal the logo key of Nordvpn is not show it anymore since i enable MOL3 in Split tunneling ?

Thank you for your help.

BTW, Expressvpn will be beter than Nordvpn for you ?

• If i remember corretcly, on Nord VPN split tunneling you select the apps you don't want to use vpn, so let MOL3 selected. Now i'm using expressvpn as for me it connects much faster than nordvpn, the only problem is it has way less servers available...

Each vpn app their own, but all of them on the split tunneling section(if the option exists) will say what you need to do, just read everything with attention...