Questions about backup & restore and updates

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi

I have some questions to be preperad for the next (beta) update.

1) About the backup & restore function: can we use it to restore MOL3 after a software update (which will apparently come next week)? Or won't this work and/or is this not recommended (& why?)?

2) Is a factory reset necessary or recommended after installing a major (beta) update or not (& why?)?

I want to avoid to have to reinstall all apps, their settings and favourites all over again, but if it must be done, it must be done. :neutral_face:

Thanks! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

best regards

woste

Formuler Z11 Pro Max - XC API Portal - Mol3 (standard and occasional TiviMate as backup in case of audiosync problems) - External HDD Toshiba 1 TB (usb 3.0)

• Hi,

1. Restore after Beta or Update should not be necessary, because the data in normal cases are correctly adopted. Of course, if something goes wrong and you need to do factory reset then is restore necessary.

Only in cases of code change in Backup & Restore option, could happen that old Backup is not compatible anymore or new Firmware change to much. Should not happen but can. No Guarantee.

I recommend after each Firmware and Software update and nice box working, to do new backup.

2. After major updates, actually yes, because a lot of code was changed or added. But it's not absolutely necessary if the box runs smoothly at the beginning. First check, test few days and then decide whether it is necessary or not. If the box fails completely and doesn't work properly, then immediately do a factory reset and reset everything.

Factory Reset is also necessary if you have some Issue where others doesn`t have the same issue. Therefore are feedback's in one accumulated thread so important.

3. If the update thread explicitly states that a factor reset must be carried out, then it is also necessary to carry out this.