How to get multi-channel audio from MYTVOnline

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• i have a new audio receiver (atmos, dolby vision etc.) connected with hdmi to the formuler.

when using mytvonline, the only audio format i get is aac stereo. is that normal for all channels? the only options are "auto" and "aac stereo."

developer options have been enabled. and the optimizer app has been run.

under sound -> select formats -> it shows "none" and "auto." which should i choose?

under developer options -> sound -> hdmi output -> it shows "RAW" "LPCM2 Channel" "LCPM Multi-channel" and "Auto". which one should i select?

when i choose "RAW" and restart the box, it goes back to "Auto."

there's also a setting for HDMI Rx audio. it has PCM and RAW. Which one?

• New
    • Official Post

under sound -> select formats -> it shows "none" and "auto." which should i choose?

If you want to use AVR then chose "auto" and RAW.

• New
    • Official Post

You should not play with developers options and auto is ok, means surround on. Btw. You have only on few channels dd 5.1 and on most others stereo.

• Hi, how do I enter the developer mode? Asking because of the possibility in AVR.

Thanks

if you do a search on "enter developer mode" you will find a post by adrilang on PQ improvement,he describes in detail how to enter developer mode,its quite extensive so its best you read it for yourself

Edit:quote adrilang;To enter developer mode

Formuler Home Screen>settings>Device Preferences>about locate "Build" and press to select that 7 times and developer mode will be activated,then exit back to Device Preferences and scroll almost to the bottom of the list and you will see Developer Options.

Note in almost all postings about developer mode i have seen a warning by SAM not to go there if you dont know what your doing,or is well described by other users,because otherwise the box may become unstable!

Edited once, last by henkie: add info (April 23, 2024 at 4:39 PM).

• New
    • Official Post

when using mytvonline, the only audio format i get is aac stereo. is that normal for all channels? the only options are "auto" and "aac stereo."

You are confusing the audio tracks made available to you by the contents provider and the audio output capabilities of your Formuler device.

If your content provides one AAC stereo audio track, that is the only audio you will get. Changing the audio output mode on your Formuler does nothing in this case.

If your content provides a multi-channel audio (5.1) track, and you want to send this to your AVR for decoding, you must enable "Surround Sound" in the Formuler settings:

1. Open the home screen on your Formuler device
    2. Scroll down to the bottom of the home screen.
    3. Select "Surround Sound"
    4. Select "Automatic"

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.