Z7+ Audio Issues

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• The Kodi issue will only be fixed the android codecs are installed correctly. The codecs used on the formuler boxes are bespoke codecs created hiliscon the chipmaker until they update there firmware we are stuck with it this way.

So are you saying there's nothing I can do or can I install some codes to fix?

Am just trying to understand what you mean. Cheers.

• How Audio works in Kodi is it relies on android to be implement for correctly by the manufacturer of the box. The manufacturer of the box relies on the chip maker to provide the correct drivers and firmware. Hilsiclon have never provided firmware or code to any of its buyers and box makers. So any box you buy that has a hilsicon chip will not have all the correct driver to play all the supported audio formats in kodi. It is bug bearer for Lots of IPTV/ android box providers.

• Will look into this with the engineers

• https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735

Read This Thread Regarding Kodi, Ive been waiting for a fix for this since day 1. The Easy way is to make the box IEC compatible

Thanks will look into this.

• Any update on this, guys?

Even just to say it is being worked on or is even recognised as an issue?

Not having DTS passthru' on such a modern piece of hardware is not really acceptable.

Cheers!

• So we may have a problem.

1. Our IPTV service has checked on other devices and our server all content works perfectly.

2. We have tried everything even doing a factory reset and reinstalling our program into the portal.

3. Device is completely up to date.

Now that that is said. Some devices will not allow Sound to play on many titles. Some are fine but others will not work.

On my own device I tried a work around by changing in settings to work with the MXPlayer and that worked but on other devices it does not.

Really need some help here

• 1. Make sure the Audio Optimizer app is installed.

You can get it from the Market on the home screen.

2. Make sure the Android Sound settings are set correctly for your A/V equipment setup.

No one can tell you what the correct settings are because each person's setup and requirements are different.

If you only want to hear the sound from the TV speakers, Set the Android Sound output settings to Auto or LPCM after installing the Audio Optimizer app.

If you continue to experience issues, open a support ticket at https://support.formuler.tv

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• The having looked In this issue the futher there 3 soloutions this

1st A firmware update that would make all codecs comply to android standards (Best Solution)

2nd A update Forked version of Kodi of which I all recompile that just need some on with android knowledge to update to krypton or Leia

3rd Is there own version of xmbc wrapper like other Hisilicon chip boxes use the code is on a github. (not the best solution) and update video player version which 1.0 of (himedia)

• Just back on this after today's firmware update.

Made no difference to KODI - still no settings present for the DTS passthru - the options are simply missing.

Note that Plex DTS passthru' (on the exact same DTS files) worked fine until today's update. I had to set Plex to use the native player (I think that was the setting) but after today's update Plex has changed a lot and now that option is not present and passthru' set to Auto results in no audio. Great stuff.
    I'll see about making a new thread just about the Plex changes in today's update...it confuses me tho why a firmware update would alter a 3rd-party installed app...anyway, that's a whole other issue.

Edited once, last by Fozz: fixed typos (October 4, 2018 at 11:34 PM).

• I installed both the codec pack and audio optimizer, but still no sound. I have the Z7+ connected to my Onkyo DD/DTS 5.1 amplifier with a HDMI cable and tried all the settings (Auto, Raw and LCPM) but it doesn't work.

I hear absolutely no sounds, not even stereo youtube or anything like this.

I do have perfect quality picture on my 4K Samsung TV, so I know the HDMI cable is connected.

When I connect my old Minix X8H (which still uses Android 4.4.2) with the same cable to the amplifier, I've got perfect 5.1 sound (both DD and DTS)

Please tell me how to get this working, because if it's not, I will return the box and get myself another brand.

• The problem was with the Fly Mouse I used. Somehow when I connected the USB dongle for it, it recognized this as a audio connection?! After removing this, I had sound. After setting it up, I also had DD 5.1 sound. Apparently DTS is not possible (due to what I still don't get a really clear answer from what I've read so far) but that is played as PCM, with which I can live for the time being.

• The problem was with the Fly Mouse I used. Somehow when I connected the USB dongle for it, it recognized this as a audio connection?! After removing this, I had sound. After setting it up, I also had DD 5.1 sound. Apparently DTS is not possible (due to what I still don't get a really clear answer from what I've read so far) but that is played as PCM, with which I can live for the time being.

Yep, DTS is not available in my KODI and the issue is the Formuler hardware it seems.

Also, since the last firmware update, Plex audio passthru' is entirely broken and the option to use the native player has been removed which was a useful workaround.

It's a shame we have such issues after so many firmware updates - kind of suggests these will never be fixed I fear.

• If any wants version of kodi that works with hilsilcon chips this is it https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybkwroqtjljh…16.1_Jarvis.apk

From all i have read, and try, the only working solution to have DTS from Kodi application is the link from ians325! Big thanks dude.

Also, if you have made other research on Kodi forum etc (like this link : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735), dont loose your time with the "shity" version linked on those forum, it doesnt work! (link to "shity" version : http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/)

So if i have good understood everything, the problem is located in the way the driver from the chipset interact with Android OS, the driver dont respect the new standard. Im I right?

And today, where are the dev about this issue? Is there any news? Did you get any answer from the chipset manufacturer or did your research end to something good?

• With all respect to Ians325, this is no solution. I bought this Z7+ so I could install KODI 17.6. I don't want to go back to KODI 16.1 because there are almost no apps working on this anymore. Besides, if I want to use this old KODI version again, I can use my old Minix better then this new Formuler.

It's insane that we can't use DTS on this player!

• Ians325 gave us the opportunity to use DTS on our device, big up to him.

If he did'n gave us this info, i will still not using any mkv. Why? Because of the laziness of the driver developper from the chipset. They didnt make a driver who respect the requirement from the Android dev.

Not the fault of Ians, not the fault from Formuler dev... Its a driver issue. So actually, its the solution yes, untill the driver dev move theyr ass.

And honestly, new or old kodi, its just a skin at the end...