Display Issues

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I am running my Z7+ on an LG 75UJ6470, it is a UHD tv with HDR.

Color, particularly on VOD and lower resolution images, shows renders skin tones way off, like it is over saturated. Turning off HDR helped, but then the images that looked great before, now look very flat. This doesn't happen when I plug my laptop in and run TV from it. Also adjusting color is very difficult because I have to exit mytvo to go through a menu to adjust it. Is there a way to adjust the picture as you watch it. Seems like there should but i cant figure out how so far.

When I am watching Catch up or cable news where there is a picture in a picture, like you often see in a news cast the image appears low res and blocky. This doesn't happen plugging laptop into TV watching the same service.

• Press and hold the "VFormat Button" for more then 2 sec. in Live TV (MOL) to open the PQSetting, then make your changes.

• homescreen - settings (cog) - android - advanced settings - Video color space & HDMI deep color, change to an 8bit option, when set to 10 bit and streaming old shows/programs does there face look like the youngsters who paint.... oops i mean tan there face nowadays? (ie. they look like tangerines) lol try that and see. You will be told if your current resolution needs changing to change the video color space.

• I am having same issue,,, please tell me if i do set setting on sdr what really i will miss then instead of using HDR 10 or auto..
    please also tell me there more option of 8bit and 10 bit like RGB 10bit , what is all this . Please tell me if you can help me on that...

• Is it me, i have noticed 3 new accounts now seem to be posting/asking same or very similar, including not explaining very well , get the feeling we getting the run around or being messed about.

Sorry if you are not but something odd seems to be going on.

Anyway...

I am having same issue,,, please tell me if i do set setting on sdr what really i will miss then instead of using HDR 10 or auto..
    please also tell me there more option of 8bit and 10 bit like RGB 10bit , what is all this . Please tell me if you can help me on that...

Regarding HDR10/Auto, just choose Auto, it will then use the one supported by you're tv, hence Auto. Regarding 8bit/10bit/12bit, RGB/YCbCr check this link. Unless you're tv screen is a 10bit panel choose one of the 8bit options, ie. YCbCr444 8bit or YCbCr420 8bit. It will say if not supported by you're tv when you select an option. My tv is set to YCbCr422 (12bit, UHD Deep Color) but every tv is different and depends if it a 4K tv or not.

• Thank you so much for your knowledgable response....
    i am having issue with the over saturated and faded images while watching...
    i tried same iptv service on my Buzztv box and on that it is totally fine but on My Formular z7+ images gone redish and over saturated.
    I have 4k Samsung Q led 65 inch.. i tried to change setting like sdr in setting menu but then image quality become very flate.
    Please can you tell me when i do set setting on sdr then My sharp 4K hdr movies will give me same quality and sharpness as i can get on hdr 10 or on auto .

• Am having the same issue on my LG c7 OLED tv switching to sdr in settings makes my TV screen flicker between a black screen and the iptv channel am on if on auto all my channels play in HDR, Is this a fault with the formula as does not do this on my sheild

• when you change refresh rate and certain settings the tv will flicker/go blank, do you mean a constant flicker that does not stop?

Press 'Resolution' button on remote and try different resolutions, when in MOL hold down VFormat button on remote control then when PQsettings appear select 'reset'. If still no luck select Imprex Engine and play about with the settings there.

I'm not sure what else to suggest.

• Am having the same issue on my LG c7 OLED tv switching to sdr in settings makes my TV screen flicker between a black screen and the iptv channel am on if on auto all my channels play in HDR, Is this a fault with the formula as does not do this on my sheild

Have the same oled tv and didn`t saw any flicker (resolution 2160/60hz). The HDR message that appear always is fixed with coming MOL Update.