USB Lan adapter

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi, could someone provide me with a compatible gigabit USB Lan adapter? I have an internet connection that provides over 100 mbps internet service and due to this reason my download speed is being limited by the onboard 100mbit ethernet. I think I'd previously seen a thread a while back with a compatible chipset list, but couldn't find it through searching. Thanks!

• Thanks. Can anyone confirm if they've had success with another adapter based on the RTL8153 chipset? The Anker model is a bit pricey, and I don't have a use for the built in USB hub. Found this model from Amazon built on the same chipset. https://amzn.to/2rZKd9i

In theory I don't see why it wouldn't work. Might just buy to test and confirm.

• Hello, I purchased the lan adapter located here https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d…ID=41zwSbv-k4L&ref=plSrch and it gets full speed, but after I power of the device or put it in standby, I have to unplug/plug the Ethernet cable to get full speed again. If not, my speeds top or around 59 Mbps. Once I unplug/plug the Ethernet back in, I go back up over 300 Mbps. Any ideas on why this happens? Does another adapter work better?

• Hello, I purchased the lan adapter located here https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d…ID=41zwSbv-k4L&ref=plSrch and it gets full speed, but after I power of the device or put it in standby, I have to unplug/plug the Ethernet cable to get full speed again. If not, my speeds top or around 59 Mbps. Once I unplug/plug the Ethernet back in, I go back up over 300 Mbps. Any ideas on why this happens? Does another adapter work better?

out of curiosity, I assume your speed testing via speedtest.net app? Try also testing speed via FAST.com app (Netflix speed test app). I also use a USB Ethernet adapter and see weird results quite often. ie also I only get ~60ish from speedtest but will get my full 120 from fast.com.

Let me know what you find

• out of curiosity, I assume your speed testing via speedtest.net app? Try also testing speed via FAST.com app (Netflix speed test app). I also use a USB Ethernet adapter and see weird results quite often. ie also I only get ~60ish from speedtest but will get my full 120 from fast.com.

Let me know what you find

Thank you for the response. I have tested with speedtest, fast.com and a random speed test app from the market and get the same results until I unplug/plug the Ethernet cable. Then back to full speeds again. It works fine until I power off the unit or put it in standby. Maybe I'll try another adapter to see if it does the same thing. Doesn't make sense why a quick unplug it the Ethernet cable would be needed though.

• Official Post

No way to know because the chipset isn't listed.

Also, this is a standard USB2.0 100M ethernet adapter - it probably isn't compatible and the performance won't be good.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• A adapter with this specifications is it compatible?

Specification: Color: black

Transmission rate: 10/100/1000Mbps

Input interface: RJ45 to network cable

Output interface: USB 3.0 to computer side

Compatible for: IEEE 802.3, 802.3u and 802.3ab (10 Base-T, 100Base-TX and 1000Base-T.)

Supported system: for Windows XP/7/8.11/10/Vista/Macintosh OSX 10.6/10.7

Could you please list 2 or 3 LAN Adapters compatible with 7+?

not to much expensive, no need to have usb slots.

• As 175n said, those details do not describe what chipset the adapter uses. the adapter has to use the RTL8153 chipset.

Read up a bit on this thread and you will see 2-3 examples of adapters which are confirmed to be working. Spend $20 and get a good one. A $3 adapter from China is only going to give you problems.

• Official Post

Please check the post below:

S and Z series compatibility test and devices.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.