Loosing audio sync over some time of watching TV

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi, I would need some help. I have observed that the longer I watch TV the more sync problem I have. No matter if it's an encrypted channel or FTA.

Formuler S Turbo: 1.6.0, audio codecs installed, HDMI output = Auto, Digital Sound Bypass = Enabled and Disabled (both tested), Sound Type = Stereo, Resolution tested: 720p/50Hz, 1080i/50Hz, 1080p/50Hz, Audio tested (yellow button) = AC3 (oryginal) and auto

+ oryginal cable from the formuler set

+ TV Panasonic TX-L42ET60

I've been using this TV with Ferguson Ariva 100e HD for years without any problem.

Audio gets synced:

- while Formuler is switched off and on again (standby or full off)

- while changing audio in TV to analog (disabled) and digital (enabled) again

You can see the problem watching lips of speakers even after 45 min of usage!

Please provide any help. This issue drives me nuts!

Edited once, last by zzachm: More details provided ().

• 1. You speak about DVB or IPTV (MYTVOnline) streams?

2. Did you set any lip-sync values and filters on your tv for this hdmi port? On some TV`s you can save individual settings for each HDMI port.

3. Tried with setting only LPCM under Android -> Audio? Please test directly Box->TV (without avr receiver or similar).

• Hi SAM, thanks for picking up this topic.

1) DVB - Satelite Antenna
    2) I have no other settings in TV than DIGITAL (HDMI-HDMI) or ANALOG (DVI-HDMI). Only DIGITAL works for me.
    3) Tried also to use LPCM. Same issue. Box is connected directly to TV

I've tried also reset to default (twice). No changes there. I can see that sync is lost in linear way. It starts in sync and it get's wore over the time.

• I have also set 'GAME' mode in TV to disable any image postprocessing. Still it does not work for me.
    What's funny is that I have unplugged Ariva and plugged Formuler. Then I have discovered this issue. After that I've started to play with box and TV. Believe be I've tried lots of configs over last 3 days.

• I belive you 100% but lip-sync delay is more present on iptv and rar on dvb. I would suggest following.

Tomorrow should come out new firmware for S Series. Install this when it`s out and new MOL, after install do factory reset and set the box again.

Maybe this solves your problem at once.

• Unfortunately, the problem remained.

I did factory reset, installed new FW (1.6.11-к15210), did factory reset again.

There is a loss of synchronization when viewing the DVB - Satelite Antenna.

Box is connected directly to TV.

I tried to change setting under Android -> Audio, LPCM and auto, no difference.

Synchronization helps to change the resolution, but not for long.

• Ok, let us test this issue more with latest fw and collect more data, problem should be reproducible.

1. Which satellites do you use ( Sasha and zzachm) ?

2. Lip sync issue only on one channel, few channels all channels, one satellite, all satellite? Please monitor this and give feedback.

3. Area you live etc.

Detailed info are always welcome.

• Hi SAM,
    1. Hotbird 13E only, Single antenna/converter, no diseqc
    2. It applies to all channels
    3. Poland, Wroclaw (51°06′00″N, 17°01′59″E)

Direct connection BOX<>TV

Sound set in BOX AC3 or auto - no difference

HDMI Auto/LPCM/RAW - no difference

MYTVOnline installed or not - no difference

audio codecs installed

is there any way to collect logs from BOX and send it out for review?

• Could you please backup your Channel settings/list and do new channel scan for Eutelsat 36 E? It`s important to check after scan all problematic channels without any edit trough C-Tech editor or similar. RAW test, scan and check.

Please same also for 13E. Thank you.

• Sure thing. I'll export them and post a link to it in the evening.

One question. Should I do:

- Factory Reset > Update to 1.6.11 > Factory Reset

or just

- Update to 1.6.11 > Factory Reset

• Could you please backup your Channel settings/list and do new channel scan for Eutelsat 36 E? It`s important to check after scan all problematic channels without any edit trough C-Tech editor or similar. RAW test, scan and check.

Please same also for 13E. Thank you.

Checked with clean channels without editing after factory reset (only set up wi-fi, installed XcamClient3, not installed audio codec) - the problem remained.

• Looks like it works for me. Here's what I did:

1. Reset to default using red button on 1.6.0*

2. Update to 1.6.11

3. Reset to default using menu

4. Reset to default using red button on 1.6.11*

5. MyTVOnline installation

6. Channels search

*)

AC power OFF > AC power ON

Repeatedly press the Red key until the front LED flashes alternating RED/GREEN

Press 1 on the RCU to factory reset the device

Now I'm going to set WiFi and enable TimeShift. Hope it will not break anything.

• I'm afraid to jinx, but so far there is no lip sync issue. I just using factory reset (no red button).

I think (and i hope), new channel scan is solution.