Slow wifi

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi,

I just received my Formuler Z7+ and I've noticed the wifi is just too slow. The router is just a couple of meters away and the connection quality is excellent but channels refuse to play without buffering. I tested the speed using the speedtest app and it returned speeds of between 1 to 2.5 Mbps. Doing the same test using my phone left on of the Formuler 7Z+ to be at the same distance and connected to the same wifi the speeds were up to 100 Mbps. I tried connecting it to the router with an ethernet cable and that way it worked but I cannot keep that way.

Is this the normal speed expected from the receiver?

Thanks.

• I actually tried the static ip solution and... I don't know whether it work. First time I tried, I reboot the device but I still didn't have good speed. I disconnected it and went to bed and the next day I just plugged it and the wifi worked. So I don't what to make of it but for now it's working and let's hope it keeps it that way.

robLFC, you have to go into Settings -> Wi fi -> long press your wifi connection -> Modify options (or something similar) -> Advance options -> Scroll down (the option to change from DHCP to static is not visible until you scroll) -> Change from DHCP to static -> Add your config.

Normally this is:

Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (your router internal IP)

DNS 1: 192.168.1.1 (basically your router)

DNS 2: 192.168.1.1

IP: 192.168.1.XXX (change XXX for any value between 2 and 254. I added 125 to avoid clashing with any other device I may connect to my router)