Timeshift randomly restarts from the beginning after pausing

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• This happens maybe 1 out of 20 times where I'll watch a show for a while and pause it and then press play and it will start from the beginning of when I started watching the show. For example, I'll watch a show for 30 minutes, pause it for 5 minutes and the press play and it will start playing from the 0 minute mark instead of the 30 minute mark. I love my z8 but this is a little annoying as I then have to fast forward to the mark where I paused it (If I remember exactly when I paused it). I'm using the M3U login with a service that doesn't have catchup.

• I can confirm that.

Happened to me now and then at irregular intervals. But that's not just been the case since the current firmware. I've had the Z8 since late 2019 and it's been happening ever since.

• Happens in one case from 20 retry? Are you using latest FW and SW?

It's always happened for me since I've bought my Z8 about 1 year ago. I'm updated to the latest FW and SW. I'm just estimating that it happens about 1 out of 20 times, seems random and I can't recreate it on purpose

I can confirm that.

Happened to me now and then at irregular intervals. But that's not just been the case since the current firmware. I've had the Z8 since late 2019 and it's been happening ever since.

Good to hear it's not just me, I think I recall other experiencing the same problem in the past too

• I've ecactly the same issue with a Z alpha.

I press pause at 2:00am and 30 sec and when i restart, it starts at 2:00am and 40 sec.

Could it be linked by the speed of the USB stick used for recording/timeshift?

• It randomly does it with me as well, but then someone told me to not press the "play" button when you want to resume but instead press the "pause" button to kind of "un-pause" it. Don't know if this will make a difference but try it and let the rest of us know.

• Update to my post above:

Well pressing "pause" to resume didn't work this time. It restarted again from when I first tuned in.

It is a random thing for me. Wish they would get it fixed.

I tried what you said an experienced the same thing. It "might" happen less using the pause button rather than the play button but it could be my imagination. Thanks for the update