ParserException when tethered to iPhone hotspot

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• When I’m tethered to my iPhone hotspot and using MyTVOnline3 on my Z11 pro max I’m unable to watch live tv and get the following message “an error occurred: ParserException”, regardless of the strength or speed of the connection. If I connect to a Wi-Fi connection it works fine but is obviously limiting where I can use the service.

Everything else works fine, VOD, TV Series and catch-up. Is there a setting I need to change to sort this out? I can watch the same content without problem on a smarters app which would point the problem away from the provider.

• Official Post

I can watch the same content without problem on a smarters app

Was the smarters app installed on your Z11 when you tried it?

Some providers have region or ISP locking enabled. If you change from home ISP to mobile ISP it could be the reason for the block.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Yes, the smarters app is installed on the z11. I’ve tried with a vpn as well with no luck. What I can’t grasp is how it’s only live tv I can’t watch, even time shift works along with VOD and TV series. You’d think if there was an ISP block none of the content would play.

• A little bit more information. I changed the name of my phone and reconnected and it worked fine, went out for an hour and when I came back the problem was there again. I changed the name of the phone again and it started working.

It can’t be anything to do with isp blocking and must be a setting somewhere.

• When you say hard restart the Formuler box do you mean hold stb button then hit restart, or do you mean hard reset?

I can’t find any option to update the firmware, I’ve attached a photo of the screen for ref.

• 1. hard restart= hold the stb button then restart or unplug and replug

2. For some reason the screen you attached not displaying on my end, but,

what version of fw/mol you have, the latest update is

Cumulative BETA Software Update - FW 11.2.5 and MOL 3 11.2.13

to get it open software update, press on the keypad 1139 then red button

• I don’t have an option to open software update, or if I do I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve tried typing 1139 red, but nothing happens. I’m guessing mol is mytvonline? By what I can see the mol version is 11.2.1-2990-0c420a23 but I can’t see what the fw version is.

• LTE reply due to my mobile network being down for the last week.

I’ve reset my phone’s network settings, the Formuler box software was all updated to the latest releases today but still can’t watch live tv on mol3 when tethered.

As did this is limited only to mol3 and only live TV, all on demand and time shift content works without problem.

Previously changing the phone’s name would work but this doesn’t seem to make any difference now. I also reset the network setting on the Formuler box as something else to try.

• 1. in network settings of the formuler enable dhcp if it is off and set secure dns to off if on auto

also disable estimate location if on.

2. ensure no other apps are running in the back-ground(double press home button for the task list) and press up on each app to close it.

• Still no joy. I tried connecting with my son’s phone (Three UK) and it worked fine so it’s obviously a problem with my phone or the network provider (Vodafone). I’m going to put his SIM card in my phone and if it works it must be something to do with Vodafone.

If that’s the case I guess I’m stuck, but it seems strange that it does work on rare occasions.

Thanks for your help.

• some provider have restriction on streaming when using hotspot feature.

example with some vodafone plan:

1. try disabling content control.

1.1. for example, you're only allowed to hotspot an extra 30GB at max speed for tethering to additional personal devices. After that, your speeds will get capped at 2Mbps.

2. on the formuler box set the buffer time to large in the mol settings.

• Finally sorted it, I got my SIM card replaced. I can’t explain why a faulty sim should only have affected live streaming but that’s what it was.

Thanks for your help.