2 issues, Epg and Recording

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello,

I'm getting 2 issues with my z11 pro obviously using the Mol3.

Firstly the epg, i can kind of live with the fact of not really getting more than 24hrs worth of list. (But I would like it to go further). Nearly every day, when i load up the mol3 all 3 of my provider's list "no info" on the guide and on the single channel guide, so I have to go to the content manager and manually update all the time. Gets frustrating. All 3 providers and on the default Username and Password with the epg mode set to advanced.

Secondly the recording. I don't do advanced recordings, but if there's something starting and I think I'd like to record it, I'd go to manual record option on that channel and I get Recording error message. All providers have multiple connections and the hard drive is formatted correctly.

Apologies for the long winded message .

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks 😊

• Firstly,we have become accustomed to the epg being 24 hours on XCAPI connection,if you want more you have to switch to MAC-ID connection and set epg mode to "alternate".

Secondly what do you mean by advanced recordings (=scheduled recording?) What do you mean by manual recording option, OK button on grid epg or direct recording via button with red circle,below of menu button?

• Thanks for the reply,

provider doesn't support mac connections, so I'll have to live with it then. Just annoying that we expect newer and so called better boxes to work with all formats.

Scheduled (advanced as i called it) recording, I don't do, but yes the manual where you bring up the channel osd bar and select the record option "Warning Recording error (1)"

• Also my initial regarding the epg was the fact that I'm having to manually update it every time I turn the box on,

To assist with automatic update of epg do the following:

On any live channel

Select menu button on remote (3 lines)

Select content manager

Select content sources and choose your subscription

Then across where you see log in details etc, above are some icons. Choose EDIT (looks like a pencil)

Then go to epg update interval and change to 24 hours or whatever you find suitable.

That should then automatically search for epg when that time hits.

select update to save it.

Overall it won’t change that you’ll only get 1 day epg but it should refresh it automatically to save you manually doing it.

It works well for me so hopefully it does for you also.

• Firstly,we have become accustomed to the epg being 24 hours on XCAPI connection,if you want more you have to switch to MAC-ID connection and set epg mode to "alternate".

Secondly what do you mean by advanced recordings (=scheduled recording?) What do you mean by manual recording option, OK button on grid epg or direct recording via button with red circle,below of menu button?

Actually, it appears to be a subscriber service offering (re: your 24 hour only guide on XCAPI) rather than a Z11 shortcoming. One of my Subs is an XCAPI and they supply 4 days of guide info.

Cheers!

• Actually, it appears to be a subscriber service offering (re: your 24 hour only guide on XCAPI) rather than a Z11 shortcoming. One of my Subs is an XCAPI and they supply 4 days of guide info.

Cheers!

I too have 2 providers on XCAPI,and both offer 4-6 days of epg in single view epg,however on grid epg its 24 hours or less(making it dificult to set scheduled recordings!).

Unfortunately i cant switch to MAC as they only offer XC connection,i would be interested in your XC sub.that provides 4 days of guide info,maybe you could pm me about it,if the forum rules allow this?

Whether or not its a Z11 shortcoming is not really relevant,but the majority of reports indicate a 24 hour guide epg on XC connection!

Proost(= cheers in Dutch) :grinning_squinting_face:

• goeden avond (dutch for goog evening 😆 )

I do have 2 z10 and 2 z11.

The z10 grid epg no problem z11 only 24 hour.

Today switch to mac on z11 and yes between 4 and 5 days grid epg BUT yes a Big BUT only if you set epg in portal to Alternatief. If not also 24 hours.

So its a Z11 problem.

I think.

Chris