Purpose of the "auto update" playlist feature.

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I still haven't figured out what purpose the "auto update playlist" function in Mytvonline 3 is there for? What's the difference with the reload function in Mytvonline 2?

You still has to manually update the list by pressing the update button, even if the auto update time has passed, why? Why even call it auto update when its not updating automatically?

It's even more complicated to update the playlist manually outside the scheduled update time in Mytvonline 3 than on Mytvonline 2.

Make it real auto update instead, the feature as it is right now is useless..

• New
    • Official Post

Thanks for the feedback. It will be taken into account.

For research purposes, can you tell me how many times you manually refresh your content lists in a 24-hour period?

If you refresh your content lists more than 1 time per day, please share with me why you need to refresh the contents so frequently.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I would like automatic updates more often in MyTvOnline3, sometimes you may need to update manually as the provider of my service can update several times a day.

It would be nice to be able to set an update every hour.

I would also like an update button directly in the menu to avoid having to go to content sources to update.

It is an unnecessarily complicated operation to update.

A refresh button in the menu of MyTvOnline+ would also be good.

• Thanks for the feedback. It will be taken into account.

For research purposes, can you tell me how many times you manually refresh your content lists in a 24-hour period?

If you refresh your content lists more than 1 time per day, please share with me why you need to refresh the contents so frequently.

As stated here above, my provider updates several times a day (sometimes 10 times per day with new event channels, vod and series). And if I get info from the provider that something I want to see has been added after my "auto refresh" time on Mytvonline 3, I need to manually refresh..

Is there any reason why the playlist cant be updated, I mean truly updated, not only a message that there is a update and we need to press the notification for it to Update? That's why I don't really understand the purpose with this feature, as it really don't update. It just tells me that there is a update, press here to update your playlist.

This feature have good potential if built right, for example get a notification when your favorite marked series gets a new episode added?

I lifted this req 1y ago in this thread

Kingcool
    April 15, 2023 at 9:46 PM
  • I still haven't figured out what purpose the "auto update playlist" function in Mytvonline 3 is there for? What's the difference with the reload function in Mytvonline 2?

You still has to manually update the list by pressing the update button, even if the auto update time has passed, why? Why even call it auto update when its not updating automatically?

It's even more complicated to update the playlist manually outside the scheduled update time in Mytvonline 3 than on Mytvonline 2.

Make it real auto update instead, the feature as it is right now is useless..

And that's when it actually works (manually) most of the time I get the 404 and I have to wait 30 to 45 minutes to get the stream back on

• New
    • Official Post

Thanks for the additional details.

The reason it is designed this way is to allow the user to continue using the app while the refresh is being queued in the background. Sometimes it takes a long time for the refresh to complete. Allowing the user to Apply the new contents at a time of their choosing prevents interruptions in the viewing experience.

Based on research, other iptv player apps do not allow the user to do anything while a refresh is in progress.

With that said, some improvements to the manual refresh UX will be coming in the next update.

• which would auto update the epg would be nice also. Thanks

You can already set epg to auto update.

Content manager > select your playlist > select edit and you’ll see the option for EPG update interval.

Mines set to update automatically every 24 hour and works well. Never an issue for it pulling through.

• With regards to content auto update.

the possibility to select up to three time frames would be good, I’d set mine to auto update @

11:00

15:00

19:00

As with many others, content is pushed frequently and more than once a day so those times should cover it for me at least.

• New
    • Official Post

My box is usually not on, so autoupdate don't always seem to work, so i have to update everything manually every time i want to watch.
    For me to be able to press a button to update everything wuld be really good.

Use "Standby mode" instead of "Power off" mode on your Formuler device.

Your device will update the lists when the device is in standby mode and the new contents will be automatically applied when you wake up the device.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.