Official Firmware 2.8.71 / MyTVOnline 1.9.71 for Z+, Z, Z prime and Z nano

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Formuler Z-series official software released. (Excluding Z8)

Firmware Version : 2.8.71 or 1.2.71 (Device dependent)

MYTVOnline : 1.9.71

WARNING: Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

Change Log

[SYSTEM] ADD: Mini app market for Nano

[SYSTEM] FIX: Internal WLAN dropping issue

[SYSTEM] FIX: Display Resolution button doesn't show resolution selection window

[SYSTEM] IMP: Display resolution selection window only shows compatible resolutions

[SYSTEM] FIX: System software update hangs when system memory is full

[SYSTEM] IMP: Improved front panel boot-up LED sequence

[SYSTEM] FIX: Android Location Services

[MOL] FIX: Radio channel streaming issue on certain portals

[MOL] IMP: Increased refresh rate of detailed stream info

[MOL] FIX: Episode playback issue on certain portals

[MOL] FIX: Crashing issue when switching portals

[MOL] FIX: Favorite list changes if m3u list is updated

[MOL] FIX: Page scrolling issue in TV Series section

[MOL] FIX: xmltv EPG parsing issue

[MOL] FIX: Cell overlap issue in Program Guide

[MOL] FIX: HLS VOD playback issue

[MOL] FIX: Group Channel Numbering preference changes after applying Installer Mode config

[MOL] FIX: Recording stops if stream buffers

[MOL] FIX: m3u channel parsing issue

[MOL] FIX: TV Series playback/seek issue

[MOL] FIX: Favorite channels disappear when using XC API

[MOL] FIX: Freeview HD EPG display issue when using USB DVB-T tuner

[MOL] FIX: Timeshift file is created on USB even if Timeshift is set to OFF

[MOL] IMP: Grid EPG data request rate

[MOL] ADD: VOD Favorites

[MOL] FIX: VOD Search not working with XC API portals

Various bug fixes and performance improvements

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Hi Guys,

So I've updated around 20 Z Nano boxes myself so far and had my clients perform their own too, but I had one today which has now gone into an update loop.

The box boots into "preparing to start" I sometimes see an "open vime from client" message flash up then it goes to the SW update page and shows 1 update to FW v2.8.71 from v2.8.13, the current IPTV version is v1.9.71.

By forcing it onto the red SYSTEM page (remove Internet) I can perform a factory and software reset, then reboot, but it still comes to the same page, I've also tried the Beta v2.8.70, but the same happens. I can access the MTOL uninstall command in Menu/System/Android/Apps/MyTVOnline, but am afraid to do so because I have no way to find or get the APK or aptoid to load if I uninstall it.

I see other users with this same issue, at the moment I only have 1 box like this, I have over 120 boxes out there and fear this issue will cause me a lot of heartache if it cannot be resolved quickly.

I think the issue is with the IPTV v1.9.71 SW causing it not to update through Android, but doing a SW Reset does not roll-back this to force a new IPTV update. I do sometimes get an IPTV Updating... Downloading... Installing... message before it gets to the SW Update page again, but it makes no difference and now I'm stuck.

Any pointers would be a tremendous help since I know this is going to hurt me otherwise. Can I get both the IPTV and FW updates to load from a USB? I feel the issue is the IPTV SW, not the FW update, so the 10MB file, not the 120MB one.

Thank you kindly for an otherwise superb little OTT player - until now...

• This is not installing. First I accepted the install and went away for an hour, came back and O.o Mb had been downloaded. So I powered off and on again, Now there is a 2 symbol of the update button in the settings. When I press the Update button the update dialogue flashes and then nothing. How can I update without reflashing the device.

• Official Post

This is not installing. First I accepted the install and went away for an hour, came back and O.o Mb had been downloaded. So I powered off and on again, Now there is a 2 symbol of the update button in the settings. When I press the Update button the update dialogue flashes and then nothing. How can I update without reflashing the device.

Which model are you using?

Based on the way you spell some words, I am guessing you live somewhere in the UK.

Are you using Sky/Virgin/BT ISP supplied networking hardware? (modem/router)

If so, you may need to go into the router settings to turn off the extraneous security settings and firewalls settings so the update will work.

• I am using a Z7+ without 5G. I am in Belgium. I finally managed to download the firmware (by resetting the software and pressing the cancel button on the update popup once). Anyway, after the update, I have the 1.9.71 firmware and version 2.0.0 of MYTVOnline but it keeps trying to update to 2.0.1 and showing a "fail download" message. Other apps have no problem with the network connection. How can I either disable the download for the update or change network settings to get it to download because now I can't use the MYTVOnline app.

• Official Post

I am using a Z7+ without 5G. I am in Belgium. I finally managed to download the firmware (by resetting the software and pressing the cancel button on the update popup once). Anyway, after the update, I have the 1.9.71 firmware and version 2.0.0 of MYTVOnline but it keeps trying to update to 2.0.1 and showing a "fail download" message. Other apps have no problem with the network connection. How can I either disable the download for the update or change network settings to get it to download because now I can't use the MYTVOnline app.

Please provide accurate information on the version of software installed on your device so we can better assist you.

• Firmware Version:
    • MYTVOnline app Version:
    • SW Update app Version:
    • Official Post

Optional Cumulative Hotfix for MYTVOnline is now online : 1.9.75.

WARNING: Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

Change Log:

FIX: Software Update Loop

FIX: Favorite channels not working on certain XC portals

FIX: Mini Market not accessible if no portals are installed (Nano)

FIX: HLS streams don't auto-recover after network instability

• MYTVOnline 1 : 1.9.80 Official HOTFIX

The main fix in this patch relates to a compatibility problem with xtream-editor services that caused MOL1 to crash shortly after portal login.

Change Log:

• FIX : XE Channel ID issue
    • ADD : VOD/Series Favorite Category
    • IMP : Restrict VOD metadata HTTP request rate
    • General Bug Fixes