We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello,

The Z8 & Mol2 are great.

I am surprised that the subject has not yet been addressed: during a delayed playback launched from the EPG, jerks appear after a few seconds.

The stream that was before displaying the EPG and replay still seems to be active in the background, which poses a problem of support for both streams by MOL2.

The solution (which reinforces the previous diagnosis):

- See the EPG

- Choose a channel without stream: string name a subgroup (for example: * [FR] TNT FHD *)

- Then position yourself on the emision chosen for the recovery (still in the EPG)

- Confirm playback of the selected program for playback by pressing "ok".

At home, no more jerks.

But this tedious solution will be corrected by an update, is not it Formulate? you will not accept this flagrant malfunction anymore?

Thank you in advance for your service which will, I hope, be in relation to the high-end rate of this box.

Edited once, last by jemsgaelle (October 23, 2019 at 7:30 AM).

• Hello,

I am in v7.2.2. This problem has always existed, nothing to do with the version or the updates.

Several similar cases, so you can take us into consideration.

I hope that you can do the test yourself and find flagrant defect, which probably does not require much modification to the coding of MOL2.

Decidedly, despite the forum, the devellopement Formulers Z advance very little step. This begins to seriously tarnish the good image around the brand.

Believe in my only positive will.

• Please submit a support ticket for this at https://support.formuler.tv

Submit a comparison video of jerky replay vs. smooth replay.

Did anyone follow 175n`s request?

• Hi

I also have the same problem (jerky/looping playback on catchup) running the latest beta software

firmware version v1.4.45

IPTV version v7.5.5

System : Formuler Z8

The fault is consistent and reproducible in that I can be on a live channel and then play a catch up program, which then displays the faulty behaviour. Switching to a live channel that is not working with a black screen and then going back into guide to play the same catchup program, it plays fine and works around the issue. It is sometimes difficult for me to find a live channel to switch to that is not working, and therefore is not ideal.

I can try and record a video and log a support ticket but not sure if I’ll have time this week as I’m away from this afternoon, but this seems to be an issue affecting a few people on here I’m guessing on different providers etc.

• I also see the issue with the .ts files recorded from FHD streams with MOL2.

The audio and video stutters from time to time. Also when I play the .ts on another device the stream stutters at exactly the same timeframes which means the recording is not consistent/stable.

I think it has something todo with the Z8 CPU cores constantly throttling somewhere between the min/max 400MHz/2000MHz speeds to save power.

If the "400 speed" is not sufficient it takes time to throttle up to 1200 and during that change frames can get lost. (because available buffers are insufficient?)

If these lost frames are (multiple) key-frames the video becomes unstable.

Edited once, last by ddd (November 5, 2019 at 11:04 AM).