Plex: New Player

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• A recent Plex for Android update introduced a new video player in the app. This is switched on by default. After the update my media would no longer play properly in Plex, with a broken picture/green screen and distorted audio on both x264 and x265 content from a LAN server. It took me ages and several reinstall attempts to work out why but I eventually found the setting in Plex Advanced Settings to disable the new player and everything plays normally again.

The Plex app updated again today and the new player was reactivated by default. It still doesn't work on the Z7+. At the moment the option still exists to disable it and revert back to the old player but I'm worried that might disappear at some point. Any ideas why the new player on Plex is incompatible with the Z7+ and are there any plans to roll out an update to address this?

• There are no plans because you are the first one reporting this. Is it known what exactly changed since old player or what the new player do different? If i read carefully your issue description, it sounds like broken audio/video codecs.

• A recent Plex for Android update introduced a new video player in the app. This is switched on by default. After the update my media would no longer play properly in Plex, with a broken picture/green screen and distorted audio on both x264 and x265 content from a LAN server. It took me ages and several reinstall attempts to work out why but I eventually found the setting in Plex Advanced Settings to disable the new player and everything plays normally again.

The Plex app updated again today and the new player was reactivated by default. It still doesn't work on the Z7+. At the moment the option still exists to disable it and revert back to the old player but I'm worried that might disappear at some point. Any ideas why the new player on Plex is incompatible with the Z7+ and are there any plans to roll out an update to address this?

I can also state I have noticed the same issue on the Z8. With new player media is played with a broken picture/green screen, sometimes the audio plays, + when going into the setting of Plex + disabling the new player it seems to resolve the issue. Not really sure its a Formuler box issue .. seeing as it works with the old player, but others appear to also have the issue. Click here the second bullet point on the post is the same issue

• I have plex on my Z8 and it did not work properly, green screen, broken jumpy picture and poor sound.

Just turned off new player in plex.

Some things now work and others do not load. Any fixes or other suggestions?

• Yep. It is a problem with Plex. Someone needs to ask Plex when the problem will be solved.

Also, if anyone bothered to read the first post, the workaround is posted there.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Super annoying, hope Plex does something about this, same problem on my new Z8. Big thanks to the top poster who mentioned the workaround, much appreciated! I spent hours doinking around trying to fix this to no avail.