m3u added by url. Does it get updated?

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi

If I add an m3u url (using the full url containing username & password) , does it get updated every time I restart the formuler?

I want to make sure that the m3u gets updated with any new channels or VOD added from time to time.

Can you please confirm my understanding?

If my understanding is incorrect, I'll choose to go with mac portal (instead of m3u) to be always updated from the server.

Thanks in advance

• You could use an XCodes Portal connection:

If you already have the M3U line and are using it in the way you are, it is in fact very easy indeed to go from that to an XCodes portal. Just take the base URL (everything before the question mark) and note it somewhere.

Then, on MyTVOnline, add a portal and enter the aforementioned URL. Next, check the Login Required’ box. Under user name and password respectively, enter whatever the original URL lists as “USERNAME” and “PASSWORD”. Mind that both values are case sensitive.

This works for most if not all providers.

If you insist upon using an M3U playlist URL (like you do now), then check if your provider supports M3U Plus. If they do, then you can switch to that by altering the following section in the URL:

Code
    type=m3u

to:

Code
    type=m3u_plus

Beware that, in contrast to switching to the XCode Portal, M3U Plus may not be available from your provider.

• Thanks a lot.

I followed your instructions and it works!!

However when I try to run the timeshift, it gives me an error message.

It's not an error from the server because when I try to open the m3u using their own app, the timeshifts works. For sure the MOL is more smooth in general than their app so I would like to continue using the MOL.

Do you know how I can fix this timeshift issue?

Thank you

• I don’t know… Could you provide me with the exact error message you’re getting? Timeshift should work even with only one ‘line’, and doesn’t necessarily require any configuration on your end. I would certainly like to assist you in ironing this issue out, but I can’t help until I see the exact error message. Let’s hope it’s a little descriptive, too…