GTV randomly stops recording before end of schedule

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I have a GTV with all the latest updates (as of 2021/02/14) that will seldom record a show to completion. This happens for both "live show" recordings (i.e. push the RECORD button) and from scheduled recording.

I have tried both a (1) 32GB Kingston Datatraveler USB3 stick, and a (2) 4TB WD My Passport USB3 HD.

I cannot see any specific similarities between the failed recordings -- in other words it seems random. What recordings there are are fine up to the point of failure.

Both devices check out fine on a WIN 10 Pro system. Both devices are formatted on the WIN 10 system as NTFS.

Anyone else having these issues?

:smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

• Official Post

Do you have any other Formuler devices to compare with as a baseline?

Are the streams you are recording stable?

Stream interruption (client or server-side) could be the cause of the issue

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Do you have any other Formuler devices to compare with as a baseline?

Are the streams you are recording stable?

Stream interruption (client or server-side) could be the cause of the issue

This is the only Formuler device I have handy (I also have a T2 but it's in my rental house).

My supplier streams are, for the most part, very stable. My local service is 100Mbs and no dropouts. It certainly is possible that I had a brief supplier service gap (see my next update below).

• Official Post

I would go up to 3 Min. for beginning and monitor the recordings in future, synchronously watch how the entire Network act to find out if there are some connection drop outs. Static ip could also help and router restart from time to time.

• I would go up to 3 Min. for beginning and monitor the recordings in future, synchronously watch how the entire Network act to find out if there are some connection drop outs. Static ip could also help and router restart from time to time.

Good thought. I will up the time to 3 min.

I do have the GTV as STATIC IP (I usually do this for all permanent devices) and HIGH PRORITY. My cable internet is rock solid so I'm suspicious that my IpTV supplier may have dropouts.

Now a question: would setting a buffer value help the VOD recording to stay live during a small hiccup in IP traffic?

• Official Post

Now a question: would setting a buffer value help the VOD recording to stay live during a small hiccup in IP traffic?

This is really good question :thumbs_up: I would say depends from overall connection stability between Provider and MOL2 and how fast the stream is available again without need to reconnect again. Yes, to have 5-10 sec. data more in buffer is better then 0 sec., so in your case and test i would definitive test at least with 5sec.

• One final test (controlled; no operator intervention) seems to indicate that the recording function is working fine.

In the attachment, the right (1:58:08) recording may have been screwed up by me so I reset and entered a scheduled recording of 2 hours and shut the GTV off (standby).

It recorded it perfectly (left recording); 2 hours + 6 minutes (for the Extra Recording Time).

Consider this issue SOLVED. :thumbs_up: :smiling_face:

• Hi,

This seems related.

We are also having issues where the recording shuts down 30 mins before it should. With some investigation it looks like it is related to the EPG. We noticed that the program we are recording (hockey) is scheduled from 2:00 - 4:00, for example. Two hours won't cover the length of a hockey game so we go into the timer and add an additional hour. Oddly though, even with the added time, the recording stops after two hours.

Has anyone seen this sort of thing?

Thanks

• Yes, this is a standard result when using the EPG and the show extends beyond the end time. The answer is to EDIT the schedule after creating it and adding to the END TIME. Simple and it works!

• Again last night I had a recording stop early; at the 7 minute for a 1 hour recording. No idea why this happens but I'm guessing it's supplier issues (channel drop-out). Can't be the GTV! 😎

I seldom record as it is easier to time-shift any show next day.

• Official Post

Again last night I had a recording stop early; at the 7 minute for a 1 hour recording. No idea why this happens but I'm guessing it's supplier issues (channel drop-out). Can't be the GTV! 😎

I seldom record as it is easier to time-shift any show next day.

Will ask the devs if it is possible to add a result log to the schedule manager or recordings list.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.