DOLBY DIGITAL sound not controled by remote

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi...

My Formuler Z10 Pro max is connected to my SONY TV, then, output sound from TV to Sound System through S/PDIF cable.

am I the only one who can't control the volume of the sound from the Formuler Z10 Pro Max remote when it is a Dolby Digital source ?

The only way it to be controled it from my sound system directly

Had the same problem with Formuler Z8 Pro

why is it like this?

• It is a known bug for the Z10 Pro Max. Check the Beta version thread. There you can and are supposed to report bugs in the Beta version of the firmware.

I have asked and suggested for a feature that one can choose for bitstream throughput of the audio signal so the audio is entirely managed by the Receiver if the setup is Formuler->Receiver->TV.

Modern receivers have excellent DAC’s for decoding the audiosignal. With the advantage that one is independent of the codec implementation in the Formuler box.

• It's normal. You can't control volume of passthrough RAW audio (Dolby) from the source device.

Only the device that decodes the RAW audio can control the volume.

If you want to control the sound using the Formuler, you need to turn off Surround Sound passthrough.

Android Settings > Device Prefs. > Sound > Surround sound > Select Formats > NONE

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• It's normal. You can't control volume of passthrough RAW audio (Dolby) from the source device.

Only the device that decodes the RAW audio can control the volume.

If you want to control the sound using the Formuler, you need to turn off Surround Sound passthrough.

Android Settings > Device Prefs. > Sound > Surround sound > Select Formats > NONE

Was mentioned here 100x times and always same question.