Z11 and Mol3 Bug and issue reports

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• With the z10pro you can preprogramm a channel switch,by pressing the green button as to remind ,the swich happens automatic,with the Z11promax when i press the green button,it says "add to watchlist",however the automic change of channels does not happen.

Is there an explanation for this?

• On my Z10 under live tv I had a group “all” that showed all channels. I’m missing this on the Z11? Only seeing the other categories.

Is this coming back?

All group has been removed on Z11.

Find channels in each group.

If necessary, you can use the Global Search function.

With the z10pro you can preprogramm a channel switch,by pressing the green button as to remind ,the swich happens automatic,with the Z11promax when i press the green button,it says "add to watchlist",however the automic change of channels does not happen.

Is there an explanation for this?

Reminder/Recording can be set by pressing [OK] button.

• Hi,SAM,i just set up my Z11promax,i am on XC connection,went to mol3 ,added Portal filled in URL,username and password and went to connect.

on screen it says connect failed,check Portal URL,server returned HTTP404,code :1005-400

What is wrong, i checked data twice and do not see any type errors?

Please check your PM asap and reply to the message.

• When using mac portal EPG is off by 40minutes.this was not the case with z10 pro max

i just got the same

I didn't have this on my Z10 pro max. It's an annoying problem and i can not live with it for long!

Check your PM asap for more information. It's difficult for us to analyze the cause from the surface.

• Hi,i have a problem with an unresponsive box to my remote (infrared).I have two similar remotes and they both do not work adeqautely,one of them shows a red flickering led on top of the remote,whereas the other shows a white flickering white led.

Both remotes do not result in flickering of the led on the Z11 box and command to my choice, for example back,channel history etc

Anyone have any suggestion (MAC ID)?

• I do not have a clue what happened,but after discconnecting my box from electricity,all of a sudden both remotes work again.

i am puzzled about it,there should be some rational explanation for all this?

Btw,i also disconnected the ir-red receiver on my box,there may have been interference of sunlight again on the remote-box interaction! :confused_face:

• I want to give an update about point 3.

After changing the audio setting of the box back to default, None the audio error doen not occur!

When i change it back to Automatic, what it should be for using all audio formats, the audio error pops up again.

How did i test :

• Put audio on Automatic and watch livetv. Then toggle with the back <-- button from a black Try again later, an error occured : unexpectedLoaderError screen to a working channel. Within 3 toggles the audio noise pops up.
    • Put audio on None, so just stereo i assume, and watch livetv. Then toggle with the back <-- button from a black Try again later, an error occured : unexpectedLoaderError screen to a working channel. Can toggle 20 times, no audio error occurs!
    • When i put it back on automatic, the audio error is there within 2 toggles.

Something goes wrong when switching the channels from Stereo to Dolby Digital or vise versa. When switching from DD to DD it's not a problem. So it looks like the switching from audio formats is not handled well for some reason. For me this is a serious problem and i hope you can do something about this soon?

Did another test to rule out the receiver. Switched on the android box of my internet/tv provider. Connected to an other HDMI input but uses the same HDMI ARC to the TV. Swithed the receiver many times from stereo to DD and other formats. Foreward and back. Not one audio "Loud sharp Static sound" from the speakers.

I am 100% convinced it's from the Z11 box!

Come on Guys, this is very bad for my expensive speakers. If i do not get an satisfying answer soon about this matter, i will have to send the Z11 back where it came from.

Edited once, last by FrankieV (October 31, 2022 at 3:54 PM).

• The matter of nonresponsive box to remote,has been resolved by disconnecting the IR-receiver,which should be only used when the box is concealed,according to my box supplier!

• The matter of nonresponsive box to remote,has been resolved by disconnecting the IR-receiver,which should be only used when the box is concealed,according to my box supplier!

This has been known for years. I think there even is a page in the knowledgedatabase about it. Long story short, the cable needs to be plugged in pretty hard. When you think it's in, it isn't..

• My boxsupplier wrote-if the box is not concealed-do not use the ir-receiver at all,its not a matter of plug in really hard,but plug in at all :smiling_face:

• With the Z11promax i can read EPG data for about 3 hours,and then have to update again via content manager,via data synch for the next 3 hours,i read my programm data via the guide button.With the z10pro i did not have to update EPG data all the time,i could read them for 24 hours a day.EPG data on channel,using right arrow do show up for the whole day on z11.

Is there a way around this continually updating, as in press guide you get a good view of all running programms?

• With the Z11promax i can read EPG data for about 3 hours,and then have to update again via content manager,via data synch for the next 3 hours,i read my programm data via the guide button.With the z10pro i did not have to update EPG data all the time,i could read them for 24 hours a day.EPG data on channel,using right arrow do show up for the whole day on z11.

Is there a way around this continually updating, as in press guide you get a good view of all running programms?

You can set interval to refresh EPG data regularly:

Main Menu -> Content Manager -> Data Sync -> Auto Update Settuigs -> Automatic Update Settings

• You can set interval to refresh EPG data regularly:

Main Menu -> Content Manager -> Data Sync -> Auto Update Settuigs -> Automatic Update Settings

I did as you suggested,in the automatic update settings,schedule refresh on,time of day 1700 pm update interval 12 hours EPG data storage 2 days,and so i expected to get on the guide button an overview of channel programms over a period of at least 12 hours,however it views only for about 4 hours. Am I missing something,i want my guide EPG data constantly available, preferably auto matically,from day to day,without having to do anything? :winking_face:

• I did as you suggested,in the automatic update settings,schedule refresh on,time of day 1700 pm update interval 12 hours EPG data storage 2 days,and so i expected to get on the guide button an overview of channel programms over a period of at least 12 hours,however it views only for about 4 hours. Am I missing something,i want my guide EPG data constantly available, preferably auto matically,from day to day,without having to do anything? :winking_face:

1. Setting "Schedule Refresh" means When the set time comes, the content sent from the server side such as your live channel, VOD, series, etc. is refreshed.

it has nothing to do with EPG.

At this time, click the Refresh Contents button on the main menu.

2. Setting "Automatic Update" means it refreshes the EPG once at the set cycle.

(You set it 12hour, so the EPG refreshes once every 12 hours.)

Also, you set EPG data storage 2 hours, so after some time, only the past EPG of 2 days will be shown, and the previous EPG will be deleted.

Please be advised that the server begins saving EPG data from the moment of the first connection of the portal.

Depending on the server data, it may take a long time to load the epg.

• Thx,Daisy,I guess i am somewhat impatient,because i never had any EPG issues with my z10pro, i did not realize that it might take a long time to load EPG data,so i will wait and see,wheter the automatic update EPG will work!

• I intend to buy a new television,as the current one is over ten years old,

Can somebody advice me about what specs a TV should fulfil,for an optimal compatability with my z11 (things like led,oled 50 or 100Hz etc) I don't need brand names,just the optimal specs,for an affordable price!

• I intend to buy a new television,as the current one is over ten years old,

Can somebody advice me about what specs a TV should fulfil,for an optimal compatability with my z11 (things like led,oled 50 or 100Hz etc) I don't need brand names,just the optimal specs,for an affordable price!

There's a brilliant bloke on youtube here who performs rigorous tests with all brands, so you should pick up a few good ideas on his channel as he covers OLED in great depth

I was going to upgrade a 4yo 4k tv but after seeing one of his videos on what to tweak it's like having a new tv again :grinning_squinting_face:

• There's a brilliant bloke on youtube here who performs rigorous tests with all brands, so you should pick up a few good ideas on his channel as he covers OLED in great depth

I was going to upgrade a 4yo 4k tv but after seeing one of his videos on what to tweak it's like having a new tv again :grinning_squinting_face:

There's a brilliant bloke on youtube here who performs rigorous tests with all brands, so you should pick up a few good ideas on his channel as he covers OLED in great depth

Thx,quevega,the sheer number of videos will make a decision,which one to buy,even more difficult :thinking_face:

• Just setup the Z11 and for me, so far, I haven’t come across any bugs.

It’s actually been a pleasure exploring the new settings for MOL3

The only three things I’ve found so far which are minor but worth a note:

1) In movies and series menus, there is not “ALL” category…. I quite like having that and sorting content that way as it can be easier to find what you’re looking for.

2) within VOD & Series - the Newly Added option is not showing the correct shows. It seems it’s showing oldest to newest when it should be the other way round especially as there is no option to filter results in this selection.

3) within the main epg, the channel names are quite big so it cuts off part of the description.

For example (I’ll make up the channel name)

World Discoveries SD

World Discoveries HD

It shows in both cases

World Discover…….

The information doesn’t fit.

I don’t see a settings option to change the letter size so assume it can only be done with an update at some point.

But so far that is it

Great menus, excellent for combining portals and content, update colour scheme which is really nice.

Spot on Formuler,

Edited 3 times, last by adrilang (November 5, 2022 at 9:43 PM).

• So got my delivery today of units and set up my z11 pro max, initial thoughts are bit mixed as epg does not clear at all for guide etc but when you bring up info and press right the info is all there. Can you advise when this will be fixed as I have substantially commited to this box both pro and max and a guide is pretty much a must. Have a GTV, Z10 and Z10 pro max here on the same provider and all clear guide perfect. Have tried deleting and refreshing epg to no avail and also deleting portal and readding.

• Hello guys

Let's say that I want to watch a TV programme from yesterday. In order to get the app setup to let me show that actual programme, I have to select the tv-programma that start before the one I would like to see.

There's no timeshift set in my device and also not in MyTVOnline3.

This bug started at the same time that the clock was set 1hr last weekend. Here is Holland we do this because of summer- and wintertime.

Can someone explain me how to fix this?

• So got my delivery today of units and set up my z11 pro max, initial thoughts are bit mixed as epg does not clear at all for guide etc but when you bring up info and press right the info is all there. Can you advise when this will be fixed as I have substantially commited to this box both pro and max and a guide is pretty much a must. Have a GTV, Z10 and Z10 pro max here on the same provider and all clear guide perfect. Have tried deleting and refreshing epg to no avail and also deleting portal and readding.

Same here, problems are not solved with the new firmware mol3.

Am on mac stalker and haven’t seen epg on de group channels since i buy the z11 pro max.

When i push ok and then right i get the epg but not when i open the channels in the group am in.

Also tried update and clear epg nothing helps.

I hope they solve the problems, keep up the good work

• Same here, problems are not solved with the new firmware mol3.

Am on mac stalker and haven’t seen epg on de group channels since i buy the z11 pro max.

When i push ok and then right i get the epg but not when i open the channels in the group am in.

Also tried update and clear epg nothing helps.

I hope they solve the problems, keep up the good work

I cant see it being a massive problem as the data is loaded and there when you dive into an individual channel, just hope we get some timescales for a fix etc from the admin.

• The only way for me to get guide EPG data is by doing it manually,and the update is for only 3-4 hours,despite the automatic EPG settings I did,it simply does not work! :loudly_crying_face:

• You can't see it being a big problem wel i do i pay'd 170 euro for this box not to seek for workarounds. Let me give you an example. You buy a car with options that you want as advertised when the car come's it doesnt do wat you pay'd for but wait... It still drives so no big deal right?.

It might be suitable to relax a little.

I understand your frustrations however; the box is new, MTOL3 is new!

Inevitably there will be things the wider audience see that don’t function as expected. The same things that may not have been picked up during development which now become more apparent.

Consider IPTV providers have many different setups, many different software panels and many different options.

Formuler have to take all of those things into consideration and bring them all together so you see what you do onscreen. It’s not an easy or quick task!

The aim of this forum is to report issues that have arisen since wider release. The devs will be taking things on board and will implement updates in due course.

Calm down, be patient.

• I am relaxed but if speak about facts de formuler z10 pro max still has a EPG issue and still isnt fixed its not the first formuler box it had enough time to mature. Audio still dim on z10 and z11.

I dont get it 1 year old box stil isnt optimized. I realy realy like formuler it has its strong points but they need to step up their game. Z8 is still the champion as for know.

• You can't see it being a big problem wel i do i pay'd 170 euro for this box not to seek for workarounds. Let me give you a example. You buy a car with options that you want as advertised when the car come's it doesnt do wat you pay'd for but wait... It still drives so no big deal right?.

Please I really don't need examples, I own a Tesla and there is many niggles I have with that but the good outweighs the bad. If you jump on day one and expect a product to be perfect I'd suggest you have not got a realistic view of products over the last 20 years. I've a qnap 5 bay Nas drive that is over 2 years old and still being fine tuned by qnap and that's a fair chunk more than a £170 product.