Help with m3u

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello staff,

I'm trying again because I don't understand and I'm a bit frustrated. I've tried loading my m3u file from "Add m3u playlist" in z11 with three different m3u files from three different providers, and none of them work. I've been told that the issue is with my m3u file.

(And all m3u files are from three different providers and they still don't work.)

So, my question is: there must be someone from the Formuler staff who knows how an m3u file should look for mytvonline3 to be able to differentiate between VOD and series.

Is there someone from Formuler staff who could kindly upload an m3u file or write here how it should look to work with your system?

And if it's not possible, then why can one even use the "Add m3u playlist" function? You might as well remove the function.

Furthermore, in my view, my problem is significant because I can't load my series into the series folder, and everything comes into the VOD folder, which is a crucial problem.

In my opinion, it's just a code problem. I code programs myself and know that it should be possible to differentiate between movies/VOD and series.

If only VOD Smart Grouping could be added to z11, it wouldn't matter whether movies and series were in the same VOD folder. But currently, without VOD Smart Grouping, it's very confusing.

I hope this can be resolved as I'm very happy with all the other Formuler boxes, and I've made boxes for 20 people. But if I can't upgrade to the new boxes in the future for myself or others, I'll have to look for another box. So, I really hope we can get this issue resolved.

Best regards,

Offenbach

• I’m having the same issue. But I use XC API. The z11 pro max connected successfully once. After turning off the box, it couldn’t connect anymore for days now. Does anybody know what maybe the cause ?

No, you don't have the same issue as the original poster. It is very clear that the poster is using m3u and you are using XC API.

It is totally different

Don't hijack this thread.

Since you have a different issue you should create your own thread or search again to add your comments to an existing similar thread.

• Hello, thank you for your response.

I know it's easier to use Stalker or XC API, but I use m3u because I have 3-4000 movies and TV shows on my own server that I add to my m3u file, and it works great with the z10 pro max box and z8 because there is VOD Smart Grouping. However, there isn't such a feature on the z11, so there are too many folders since I can't group them.

Does anyone know how to convert my m3u file to Stalker or XC API where my link comes from my server?

For example, my link looks like this:

http://80.71.54.23x/m3u/s2.m3u

(Please note that this link doesn't work, as it has been edited.)

If I could convert it to Stalker or XC API, everything would work fine, which is why I'm a little frustrated that I can't get my own content onto the new z11 box.

Best regards,

Offenbach

• Hello Cemeli,

I know how to do it when I receive my m3u file from the provider, as it looks like this:

http://iptvworld.nl:2095/get.php?userna…_plus&output=ts

And I know how to handle that.

Portal URL: http://iptvworld.nl:2095

User ID: kim_sove

Password: cGxZGE5Q

However, when I have my m3u file on my server, the path looks like this:

Path: http://80.71.54.23x/m3u/s2.m3u

How do I make it work in the same way with this link/path?

Or do you know how to convert my m3u file to Stalker or XC API, where my link comes from my server?

Best regards,

Offenbach

• Hmmm

In Mol3 I recently changed from mac to m3u.

When I entered the let's call it long m3u url path...in the next step I was asked to switch to portal.

I am sorry but cannot remember exactly what was on the screen.

Afterwards when I look into my account my m3u path is also shortened and my password and username are depicted in a separate field and not in the original url anymore.

If I look in my account I see XC API.

So for me conversion went automatically.

I had to delete my previous portal (Through mac account) otherwise only radio channels would play.

It solved a big part of my EPG problem.

Maybe remove all accounts and try to enter the m3u again and go for the option the Mol 3 suggests.

Again ....I am sorry but cannot remember exactly what it suggested on the screen.

• You would need to install an instance of XC server on you home network. (not easy or worth the hassle in my opinion)

In this case you might be better served by installing PLEX media server on your home media server and using KODI+PLEX android client to access your media library.

• Hello 175n,

I know it's quite a task to set up, but at the moment I don't really have anything else. I use m3u to load my content because I edit some of my own things.

That's also why, as a Formuler customer, I can't understand why there isn't more help available. I've bought over 20 Formuler boxes for friends and family over time.

Right now, I'm trying to set up an XC-server or some other server, and if I can't get it to work, I'll have to find a completely different way.

If only VOD Smart Grouping could be added to the z11, I could use it the same way as the z10 pro max, which has worked fine for me.

Anyway, I hope I can get it to work because I'd be sad if I couldn't use Formuler in the future.

Best regards,

Offenbach

• Hello 175n,

I tried using the PLEX media server, but it didn't work very well. However, I am in the process of setting up a server. Do you know if it's possible to create subfolders in z11 now that VOD Smart Grouping hasn't been added yet?

Do you know if it's possible to create subfolders in any way? For example:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="" tvg-logo="" group-title="Danish Movies: Action" , 2 guns

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="" tvg-logo="" group-title="Danish Movies: Action" , 6 Bullets 2012

A folder named "Danish Movies" appears, and under that, a folder named "Action" appears, where all the movies in the Action folder are located.

Best regards,

Offenbach

• Official Post

Hello,

What you describe with the m3u sub-folders is not possible with MOL3.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.