requirements for smooth recording

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi All,

I am new to recording.

Recently I have done some test recordings by using a USB stick.

I have used the formulerbox to format the stick.

Recording went as expected but when watching a different channel while recording there were a lot of moments the stream wents back and repeated the last 5 seconds.

When watching back the recording there were also quite some moments (about 7 in 20 min) the playback went back 5 seconds and repeats.

After testing I Ieft the stick in the formulerbox and noticed also the stream goes back about 5 seconds and repeats a couple of times (maybe 2 times an hour).

I have removed the USB stick and yesterday I didn't notice any repeats.

So my conclusion is the repeatings are caused by the USB stick.

Could you share your experience and share what specs (no brands ......respect forum rules) a recording device needs to have ......?

USB sticks or remote harddrives.

Thank you

• 1. use proper usb3 drives in the 3 usb port(some brands rate the device as 3 but the actual speed is 2)

2. memcards should be class6 and up.

3. if usb device /memcard is faulty it can trip the box.

4. most times roll backs are cause by internet conditions and iptv server quality.

-try increasing buffer in mol settings and disabling vpn if enabled or setting vpn protocol to udp.

-try using ethernet instead of wifi.

-set secure dns to off if on auto or auto if on off on the z11(settings>network)

5. update to the beta firmware11.2.2 or wait for the offitial release

• Thanks JR.

Very complete reply.

Reading this I realize I should have been more complete myself :grinning_squinting_face:

First I will need to check for a proper USB3 device.

I am ashamed to admit that I even do not know what I have used exactly for my test

It was used without VPN

I am connected through ethernet (WIFI is disabled) with solid 100 MB/s speed.

I need to check DNS settings because I do not know.

DHCP is enabled........should I go to static ?

I did not update yet....I would like to wait for the official release

• Can you go in mol2/3 menu,and watch an old recording,without interfering with a scheduled recording you planned for the same time slot?

• you can play a pass recording while a current recording is in progress.

but if the storage device is low speed it will cause sticking and mol to sometimes crash.

I think your explanation is the only one thats plausible,as i had two recent failed programmed scheduled recordings on my z11,no other parameters changed,on both occasions the notifications were there-Recording start and recording finished-,when trying to watch these recordings,an error came up and it read Please try again later,strangely enough i did not have these problems while recording with my z10pro! :winking_face:

• hello my Z11 / recording friends,

Last week, for the first time I tried to record with my new Z11 Pro Max. First time with a proper USB 2TB stick formatted with Rufus as described on the Formuler site. Recording of several different channels it selves went as I wanted. Looking to a live channel while recording also was ok.

Playback was not as I wanted and it seems there are more people like me. Looking the recorded videos (on several and different channels recorded) was not good. Stuttering, went back a few second, stopped etc. etc..

After that I bought a brand new external Samsung HD USB 3.2 1TB. I did exactly the same and the result was also exactly the same.

Anyone a clue?

Btw

My internet is a stable direct ethernet connection with 100mb/s.

• try updating to the beta 11.2.5 because:

IMP: Improved robustness for recording files

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I've just looked the version that I have for my tvonline3. I have firmware version 11.2.1 with date February 27 2023 and as far as I can see, I cannot update that one???

pls advice.

• Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I've just looked the version that I have for my tvonline3. I have firmware version 11.2.1 with date February 27 2023 and as far as I can see, I cannot update that one???

pls advice.

to get the beta

1. open the software update

2. press on the remote keypad "1139"

3. press the red button

update for mol and firmware should come up.

• I am just watching a yesterdays recording and its full of repeats,roll backs and stutters,i updated to the cumulative Z11 fix,but i do not see improvement in robustness for recording files.

Normally it is a channel that is streaming very well,and i had no problems with recordings before the Cum update.

Any reasonable explanation?

• I will suggest that it is something to do with the USB drivers. I record to a Synology NAS and have had no problems with playback.

Thx for the suggestion,but compared to previous recordings nothing changed with the used USB sticks i used for recording,the only change i had made was AFR on for live tv,but i cant imagine that this resulted in the flawed recording?

• Hi,

I'm using Z11 Pro

Internet 300/300 LAN

Latest Software Updates (hidden Beta)

MOL3

And still having the issue described in the original post :frowning_face:

I did a lot of testing and the symptoms only appear when Live TV is on a different channel than the one that is being recorded. If Live TV is on the same channel as the recording, there is no issue.

The problem is that when I schedule a recording, MOL3 doesn't change channel by itself. It stays on the last watched channel. So if the last watched channel isn't the one I scheduled to record, I get the stuttering issue.

The problem might be solved if the app would change channels on its own at the beginning of a programmed recording. I think previous versions of Formuler did it well.

Z11 Pro already does it with the "reminder" function. It changes channels on its own. It should do the same when programming a recording.

I think my provider only allows me one connection and that is the reason for the malfunction.

I would like to be able to force the device to respect a limit of one connection.

Does anyone knows if there is a way to force channel change when a scheduled recording starts?

And if at that moment I'm watching Live TV, I'd like to have the choice to decide by myself whether or not I'm letting the recording start or not.

Thank you.

Edited 3 times, last by Marcel Brown (July 25, 2023 at 2:22 PM).

• Official Post

I think my provider only allows me one connection and that is the reason for the malfunction.

I would like to be able to force the device to respect a limit of one connection.

That is the point, but how can you then record one and watch other? Could it be that Provider panel have some bug or wrong setting and let you watch second stream too but the sub. say allowed only for one stream. I saw this once on some provider and was fixed from them with new panel update, at least they said so..

Which protocol are you using? XC Api or M3U?

• That is the point, but how can you then record one and watch other? Could it be that Provider panel have some bug or wrong setting and let you watch second stream too but the sub. say allowed only for one stream. I saw this once on some provider and was fixed from them with new panel update, at least they said so..

Which protocol are you using? XC Api or M3U?

but how can you then record one and watch other?
    Apparently, as soon as the device opens a second connection, the first one gets reset. The device attempts to reopen the first connection, which in turn causes the second to be reset. This is apparently what is causing both the LIVE and recording sessions to constantly "stutter". Hence the idea to disable the LIVE+RECORDING feature and force MOL3 to change the live channel to the scheduled recoding when recording starts.

I'm using XC API protocol.

• Marcel, here's what I did...

mmc-dsm
    July 14, 2023 at 1:56 AM
  • but how can you then record one and watch other?
    Apparently, as soon as the device opens a second connection, the first one gets reset. The device attempts to reopen the first connection, which in turn causes the second to be reset. This is apparently what is causing both the LIVE and recording sessions to constantly "stutter". Hence the idea to disable the LIVE+RECORDING feature and force MOL3 to change the live channel to the scheduled recoding when recording starts.

I'm using XC API protocol.

U need a 2line (2 or more connections at once) connection from the provider....not many providers have this option! Most providers dont have that option. So go to a quality provider!

To record en watch live tv u need minimal of 2 connections

• I make test with SDHC card and usb stick too. I record on SDHC and time shift to USB STICK. In fact I have the same same problem then you! I try many settings and formating and sometimes the box say: CAN'T start record! I need to formated the SDHC again and again to get it work!

Stay Tune,Return after the EPG LOAD! :frowning_face:

Z8,Z11 Pro Max(For Sale),Vontar X4,MeCool KM2 PLUS