can you get a european formuler z11 pro max to work in canada?

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• thought of that so went to set up vpn on it didn't even connect internet for the set up but still came up same notice and shut down

Dude, use external vpn, maybe in the router or in a windows/linux pc with vpn and share connection for the first setup. Are you using ethernet for the first setup? It might detect right away your canadian IP. Unless i'm missing something and formuler devs did a region lock detecting the power voltage where Europe uses 220v and Canada only 120v, but that's very complex for my brain, i would try the vpn method...

But if you can't do it, do what was suggested by Jumping Rabbit, just buy the canadian version if available or contact formuler devs so they can remove that lock i guess...

• Dude, use external vpn, maybe in the router or in a windows/linux pc with vpn and share connection for the first setup. Are you using ethernet for the first setup? It might detect right away your canadian IP. Unless i'm missing something and formuler devs did a region lock detecting the power voltage where Europe uses 220v and Canada only 120v, but that's very complex for my brain, i would try the vpn method...

But if you can't do it, do what was suggested by Jumping Rabbit, just buy the canadian version if available or contact formuler devs so they can remove that lock i guess...

1. for vpn to work he would have to do offline setup on first run and maybe disable location status.

but the door for that close.

2. don't think formuler will remove the region lock because i believe it is against policy(someone with better info can confirm the region policy)

remember eu is pal standard and usa/canada is ntsc so some settings may be factory default for the eu version and extra changes may have to be made.

• 1. for vpn to work he would have to do offline setup on first run and maybe disable location status.

but the door for that close.

2. don't think formuler will remove the region lock because i believe it is against policy(someone with better info can confirm the region policy)

remember eu is pal standard and usa/canada is ntsc so some settings may be factory default for the eu version and extra changes may have to be made.

It must be related to DVB tuners.

• Official Post

It`s regio lock and you can not bypass this with vpn. Please contact the seller and let him exchange the unit for NA version.