USB Recording Cuts Off

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi

I use the EPG to find a show and record it, usually a football game, but when i come back later to watch it, it has only recorded half or 2/3's of it, i never get the whole thing.

I even set it to record the show after it in the EPG to make sure i get the whole thing but it still cuts off the original planned recording, so frustrating.

Any ideas on a fix? i'm using a 2TB WD My Passport external HDD plugged into the USB 3.0 port.

thanks

• It is possible the recording stopped because of excessive buffering.

I can't offer any solutions for this, but will forward your complaint to the engineers to see if they can come up with a fix or workaround.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I dont know if its buffering at the time as i'm away from my box at that time of the recording, the playback is fine and has no buffer it just stops way before the end of the scheduled recording.

I did a test record last night and no buffering was happening and it still didn't record the whole program as scheduled from the EPG.

Could it be the USB port that i'm using? does it matter if its the 2.0 or 3.0 or the size of the external HDD i'm using?

• I dont know if its buffering at the time as i'm away from my box at that time of the recording, the playback is fine and has no buffer it just stops way before the end of the scheduled recording.

I did a test record last night and no buffering was happening and it still didn't record the whole program as scheduled from the EPG.

Could it be the USB port that i'm using? does it matter if its the 2.0 or 3.0 or the size of the external HDD i'm using?

Do you get the same result when you do a manual recording by pressing the record button on the remote?

After you start the manual recording, press the record button again to show the recording details window.

Then adjust the recording duration to something like 2 hours and test again.

• Do you get the same result when you do a manual recording by pressing the record button on the remote?

After you start the manual recording, press the record button again to show the recording details window.

Then adjust the recording duration to something like 2 hours and test again.

Yes i tried a manual recording today for 2 hours and had it on the tv for the first minute or 2, i then switched the tv off and left the box on to record.

I came back to watch the show and only 27 minutes had recorded !!

whats going on?

• Yes i tried a manual recording today for 2 hours and had it on the tv for the first minute or 2, i then switched the tv off and left the box on to record.

I came back to watch the show and only 27 minutes had recorded !!

whats going on?

Without seeing the tv when the recording stopped, it is hard to say what happened.

• Without seeing the tv when the recording stopped, it is hard to say what happened.

it happens when i either use the EPG to record a show or do it manually and adjust the length of the duration

Only when i sit and babysit it and watch the channel that its recording on does it work and record the entire thing.

• I tested it again over the weekend using a different memory stick, i verified that its formatted to FAT32.

The recording never reaches nowhere near 4GB of data so that's not the issue.

I have tried a few manual recordings and those seem to work when i am on the channel an record for say an hour.

Every time i set it to record via the EPG it only records part of the show, maybe 10 or 20 mins, never the whole thing.

• After you set the EPG recording, and the recording starts, can you check the recording details window to see if the duration is set correctly?

• After you set the EPG recording, and the recording starts, can you check the recording details window to see if the duration is set correctly?

Yes when i set the EPG recording and the recording starts it says its recording for 1h 30m for example (in the top right corner with the recording counter), the full show length of the show, but always cuts off around 25 minutes in every time, i never get the full show recorded

• I don`t know how fast your USB stick is but even slower sticks out there should be able to record without problems, because the streams are not so heavy.

Could you please do me a favour and download format tool "Rufus" and format your usb stick again with this tool but this time with NTFS and not FAT32?

• I don`t know how fast your USB stick is but even slower sticks out there should be able to record without problems, because the streams are not so heavy.

Could you please do me a favour and download format tool "Rufus" and format your usb stick again with this tool but this time with NTFS and not FAT32?

Formatted with Rufus and did a few test records this week, on the whole it seemed to work and record the full show, the only 2 times it didnt seem to get the whole show was from a channel that i know that buffers regularly and likely stopped due to excessive buffering.

So i think i have to make sure my 8GB memory stick and 64GB micro sd card is formatted to NTFS for it work correctly.

Thanks for helping me out with this you are a lifesaver !!

• Well, I was reading this thread and thinking "wow, this is exactly what is happening to me!" ... until the end. I tried it with Fat32, ex-FAT, NTFS... everything. And it always stops way before the scheduled time. Sometimes it records 20 minutes, 30, 40, my personal best is 53:43 (last night, when i went to sleep and tried recording 5 hours of NBA games :))

Any ideas, any configuration I might have wrong? Thanks in advance.

• Well, I was reading this thread and thinking "wow, this is exactly what is happening to me!" ... until the end. I tried it with Fat32, ex-FAT, NTFS... everything. And it always stops way before the scheduled time. Sometimes it records 20 minutes, 30, 40, my personal best is 53:43 (last night, when i went to sleep and tried recording 5 hours of NBA games :))

Any ideas, any configuration I might have wrong? Thanks in advance.

Mine is still hit and miss too and by no means fixed, but fortunately its more hits than misses these days. I have formatted my 8GB USB stick and 64GB SD Card as NTFS and i got the best results using this formatting.

I think a lot of it depends on the actual channel stream itself, if its a flawless steam with no buffering i find i get my whole show or sporting event, but if the channel i'm recording off buffers it tends to knock out the recording and causes it to stop.

I did manage to record a whole soccer game the other week for 3 hours and it worked :-)

• I am facing the same problems. Sometimes recording works fine, something not. I recorded a movie last week and it worked fine (2 hours). Last night, I recorded a football match and it recorded 1 hour instead of 2....

It looks like the recording feature is not stable or very dependent on the channel quality. Is there a plan to improve this function and make it more robust ?

Is there also a plan to allow scheduling a recording manually instead of using EPG?

• Code
    1. Bonjour
    2. J'ai exactement le même problème, l'enregistrement programmé via l'EPG ne fonctionne pas, il s'arrête après 20 à 30 min. J'ai déjà initialisé deux fois le formulaire par réinitialisation initiale. ça marche 2 jours puis ça recommence. J'essaie par différents canaux, le problème est le même. Je vais essayer par un autre fournisseur mais je suis désespéré. Quelqu'un at-il résolu ce problème? même la dernière mise à jour n'a rien changé
    3. Je vous remercie
    4. excusez-moi, j'utilise un traducteur