WiFi bars on mytvonline

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi All

My WiFi bars on mytvonline is always on 0 out of the 3 bars? It used to always be on full and this causes buffering, can you tell me how I can improve this

Thanks in advance

• Hi mevi thanks for the reply

Just tried all the above still got 0 bars, wondering why all of a sudden it’s 0 when before it was full

Can I try something else?

• Are you saying that you tried wired connection and you still have 0 bars? Try to switch to a static connection if you still haven't, did you check your speedtest on the Z8?

• No I haven’t tried wired as my router is not where the box is. Speed test is fine it says 40 mbps download. I’ve changed to static and I’ve deserted the box

Now it fluctuates from 1 and 0 bars. Before it was perfect no issues, do you think it could be something to do with my router?

Also just tried personal hotspot and it’s still fluctuating with 0 to 1 bar do you think this could also be an provider issue?

• No I haven’t tried wired as my router is not where the box is. Speed test is fine it says 40 mbps download. I’ve changed to static and I’ve deserted the box

Now it fluctuates from 1 and 0 bars. Before it was perfect no issues, do you think it could be something to do with my router?

Also just tried personal hotspot and it’s still fluctuating with 0 to 1 bar do you think this could also be an provider issue?

Personally I’d say no that it has nothing to do with your router. I’ve changed routers and still have the problem. Also it’s not a provider issue either..I supply my own content so know it works..and tried other devices and they work perfectly no buffering.

• Test with wired connection to see if there is any change. Restart router. Check if possible with another provider.

Thanks mevi I’ll try with an Ethernet I’m gonna go to bed as I’ve got work tomorrow in the morning!

But I’ll try it and will get back to you

• Personally I’d say no that it has nothing to do with your router. I’ve changed routers and still have the problem. Also it’s not a provider issue either..I supply my own content so know it works..and tried other devices and they work perfectly no buffering.

Thanks for ur comment, I don’t know I think it may be my provider I use plusnet l give them a call and see what they can do

But thank will keep you updated

• Thanks mevi I’ll try with an Ethernet I’m gonna go to bed as I’ve got work tomorrow in the morning!

But I’ll try it and will get back to you

sorry mate but it’s got nothing to do with Ethernet either. My Z8 is less than 1 meter away from router plugged in router. It won’t be your provider either...was you with plusnet before the update?

• sorry mate but it’s got nothing to do with Ethernet either. My Z8 is less than 1 meter away from router plugged in router. It won’t be your provider either...was you with plusnet before the update?

Yep I was with plusnet before update, and like yourself my router is an metre away too!

I increased the buffer time within mytvonline and it helped a bit but still fluctuates a lot

• Yep I was with plusnet before update, and like yourself my router is an metre away too!

I increased the buffer time within mytvonline and it helped a bit but still fluctuates a lot

Thanks Shain..I really can’t believe that we can be the only ones who have this issue...I’ve changed nothing apart from update it and that’s where the problem started.

• Thanks Shain..I really can’t believe that we can be the only ones who have this issue...I’ve changed nothing apart from update it and that’s where the problem started.

That’s no problem, just want to get this sorted it’s a really good box but still fluctuating bars goes to 0 then buffers is there anything else I can try? I called my provider and all is fine.

Not sure what else I can try? I’ve tried YouTube etc and it works perfectly speed on box is around 20 meg

Can someone confirm if those bars are in fact signal quality? Or is it something else? Does it mean my signal is poor?

• Official Post

1. Here is very useful thread from Cob for UK users, please read and try - >Z8 ethernet connection issue

2. If VPN in use, check also if this is not the source of the problem.

• Thanks for the above, haven’t tried it yet but had a quick read and does it apply to plusnet? As it seems like the guide is only for sky?

• Using 2 or 5G? If 5G, check what channel u r using and perhaps change the wifi channel. That may change things with the connection strength.

Thanks UN....already done that. It’s connected via Ethernet with a CAT6. If I do put it on WiFi it’s 5G and I’ve got a WiFi analyzer and it’s on a channel no one else is.